Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thinking of having a go sluicing soon

4 posters

Go down

thinking of having a go sluicing soon Empty thinking of having a go sluicing soon

Post  ashley01 Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi All, I have built myself a sluice box and am looking foward to trying it out. I am thinking of heading of in 2 weeks time to victoria with the wife to have our first crack at finding some gold, We allso have the base model minelab detector to try as well. Have had the detector out for a trial to see if we could get it to work, it did found lots of old bullet shells and odds and ends. can some one please tell me what creeks in vic still have water in them for sluicing as i bet it is fairly dry over that way. thanks for any help. cheers Ashley

ashley01
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-03-15

Back to top Go down

thinking of having a go sluicing soon Empty Re: thinking of having a go sluicing soon

Post  Jerryx4 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:49 am

ashley01 wrote:can some one please tell me what creeks in vic still have water in them for sluicing as i bet it is fairly dry over that way.
Currently other than main river/waterways there is no water lol
Can't wait for some Rainz
Jerryx4
Jerryx4
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2012-12-28

Back to top Go down

thinking of having a go sluicing soon Empty Re: thinking of having a go sluicing soon

Post  tezz Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:18 pm

West of Melbourne is very dry, you didn't say if you are using a pump or relying on water flow, I would be going Eastern side where their is plenty of rivers and creeks and they have had more rain, plus over that side you get more gold movement, do the research as some of those creeks and rivers were very rich.
cheers Tezz
tezz
tezz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ashley01 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi and thanks for the advice, i will be using a pump to run my sluice and will research that area you spoke of. cheers ashley

ashley01
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  bennie Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 am

Try Walhalla gemstones there too
bennie
bennie
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  ashley01 Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 pm

thanks for the tip bennie, dont mean to be rude but were the hell is Walhalla. cheers ashley

ashley01
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down