Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S

+9
slimpickens
TTT
CostasDee
G.B.
gullyhunter
lbg dreamer
TheGoldenChild
AnnieL
Ren
13 posters

Go down

12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Empty 12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S

Post  Ren Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Seeing Gullyhunters super 64 grammar gave me a sleepless night of excitement and was super pumped and couldn't wait for 4:30am to click over.

After learning that my 4500 has been only running on half throttle I quickly shipped it off to minelab for some emergency surgery, repair to 3 faults and she was back in my arms in no time at all… And running sweet as candy Twisted Evil I had never noticed that the old girl was lacking in the depth department. But I had my suspicions for a while Suspect … I was still getting good regular gold and thinking back now none where deeper than 6 inches Suspect …..

Today I had some unfinished business to take care of, I had to go back over some of my past patches to see whats been missed!!! I got these six today nice and deep all around the 8inch to 12 inch mark and the great thing is no junk because I have cleaned it all in the past…. Today also had a 2.5 meter browny pass only meters away affraid What a Face ……
Had a great day and fricken hot and it's all about the gold and the bush is the bonus ay boys….

I shot some vid's with a gopro-bro and I will upload soon. Here they are and after uploading on youtube they have a weird green tinge for some reason! The originals look fine.

Good luck and Regards Ren...

12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Ascale_zps414afb6a

Deeper targets missed
12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Ainscoop_zps80790fd5

Punching nice and deep again Twisted Evil
12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Ascoop2_zpsb1349231

Last edited by Ren on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Empty Re: 12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S

Post  AnnieL Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Some good size nuggets there Ren! Well done.
cheers

Annie
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Empty 12 grams and tuned to perfection.

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 pm

good onya ren,yeah just love the unfinished business! yep got a few to go back over ourselves. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Empty Re: 12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S

Post  TheGoldenChild Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 pm

looks like the Gold gods are smiling down on a few recently, excellent result bro, and now that your 4500 running sweet I better stop telling you about our secret spots lol!
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Well done mate
You have some good depth on those targets
And must be a great feeling to only dig gold
And no rubbish
Very Happy
Just out if curiosity what faults were repaired
On your 45 by Minelab
And do you know why they were restricting
The depth scratch Question
Either way I'm glad it was sorted out for you
And bet it was met with there good service
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  gullyhunter Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

G`day Ren , well what can i say except - Welcome back to the deeper than 6 " club - bounce bounce
12 grams today ... in this weather ( humid & hot ) absolutely sharp effort bro ... Twisted Evil
Some sweet chunks amongst the collection as well - congrats cheers
Looking forward to the vids with the go pro-bro lol! damn Ren i did it again ..

So now that the magic wand is back in the hands of its soulful owner and she sings only harmonious tunes - All i can say to you now bro is ...
" It`s playtime " ...
Well done mate ... Cheers
gullyhunter
gullyhunter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Ren.

Nice gold. Level playing field, look out here comes Ren Q14 Q13 Q12

G.B.

G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Must be a great feeling there Ren. You know where you've pulled out gold, you've already cleaned the junk, your 45 is doing burnouts it's running so hot - I think you'll be adding some more new posts in the "members finds" section real soon. Champion result for a stinker of a day. Q15
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Very nice gold there Ren and on a day like today you really earned it. Very Happy . Congrats to you. Q15

Cheers.

Mike. Q11

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 am

Great vids to match a good day
Amongst the heat , flies , mozzies and joe blakes
That wobbly drop tone sounded real good
And as it started overloading the coil
I new it was a gooden Very Happy
Nice mate
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 am

very nice gold there mate Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 am

Nice gold Ren and it's a good feeling knowing that your machine is now running at 100%, but what gave you the feeling that your machine was playing up in the first place except that you were only getting nuggets at about 6" down. I would have personally taken it as the nuggets that I was finding were only lying down at 6" and not thinking that the machine was faulty.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  TTT Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 am

well done Ren nice nuggets and great videos too gut cam works well ,wombat i was going to ask the quetion you asked what made him feel his detector wasn t running right so i have too cheers Terry

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am

Stop it Ren, I'm getting all hot and bothered. lol!
Nah don't stop, keep em coming.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for all your great comments everyone…..

Yesterdays humidity was a killer I pushed my self to the absolute limit and I normally have a high threshold Q12 .The sweat was poring off me and all my clothing was drenched. Heat exhaustion kicked in around 3pm and my brain started playing tricks on me Q12 , after backfilling a hole I just dug, started searching again walked about 3 meters then stopped to look back and get my bearings and couldn't find my last dig hole walked back a couple of meters then looked around again and everything looked the same…. no matter where I looked What a Face !! and started getting light headed and then goose bumps??? affraid At that point I turned off the detector and said to my self "hay banana you better get out of here" and I did, my car was close, aircon on full and off I went pale

Ibg dreamer, wombat and TTT….. Good question guys, if you always detect on your own there probably is no good reliable way to gage what your machine is doing in the depth department! The way I found out was recently out on a trip with the boys and I covered a particular area while night detecting and found nothing. Then the next day we hit the same area this time I came in a different way but did go over the same ground as the night before and still didn't find anything!!! TheGoldenChild Cool came in behind me on the same ground and picked up two small bits that I missed…And I know I covered that ground twice... then and there I new 4500 needs emergency surgery! affraid

1.The coil plug was changed due to being worn and making lots of noise when knocked! Nothing to with depth….

2. Alignment was out a mile and needed a re-tune.

3. They changed something on the circuit board.

I sent it on friday and had it back on thursday!!! Best service in town….

Regards Ren...

Last edited by Ren on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Q32 Ren that has answered my question. It pays sometimes if you are out with mates to check each other,s target strength and depth, that way you will know if there is anything wrong with either machines and compare settings Q27
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks ren I understand now also
I'd say the replaced the Mylar cable
But not sure what the alignment was scratch
Great going
You have to be a bit carefull in the heat
The main thing is plenty if water and plenty more
And last but not least make sure your hid rated
I often sit in the shade and look and think
About how to attack the area next
And have a snack
And enjoy the surrounds
Heat stroke can knock you down fast
And dehydration will help it

Now you can go and dig all the gold you left behind Q15
Q32
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  blue Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:37 pm

well done ren nice gold mate Very Happy Very Happy
cheers blue

blue
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Good on you Ren. Well done. Cool footage too. Was just like I was there with you. I can relate to that bigger one you got when the inital signal was a bit wishy washy but improved when you got down a bit. Good for you..

Good luck out there.

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 pm

well done Ren and well deserved in this heat.
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Ren wrote:Seeing Gullyhunters super 64 grammar gave me a sleepless night of excitement and was super pumped and couldn't wait for 4:30am to click over.

After learning that my 4500 has been only running on half throttle I quickly shipped it off to minelab for some emergency surgery, repair to 3 faults and she was back in my arms in no time at all… And running sweet as candy Twisted Evil I had never noticed that the old girl was lacking in the depth department. But I had my suspicions for a while Suspect … I was still getting good regular gold and thinking back now none where deeper than 6 inches Suspect …..

Today I had some unfinished business to take care of, I had to go back over some of my past patches to see whats been missed!!! I got these six today nice and deep all around the 8inch to 12 inch mark and the great thing is no junk because I have cleaned it all in the past…. Today also had a 2.5 meter browny pass only meters away affraid What a Face ……
Had a great day and fricken hot and it's all about the gold and the bush is the bonus ay boys….

I shot some vid's with a gopro-bro and I will upload soon. Here they are and after uploading on youtube they have a weird green tinge for some reason! The originals look fine.

Good luck and Regards Ren...

12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Ascale_zps414afb6a

Deeper targets missed
12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Ainscoop_zps80790fd5

Punching nice and deep again Twisted Evil
12 grams and tuned to perfection NOW VID'S Ascoop2_zpsb1349231

Hi Ren, how did you realize that your 4500 worked only half power and what did you sent to Minelab all metal detector or just the control box?
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 pm

G'day goldquest, I sent just the control box to minelab. If you go up a few posts just before wombats post you will see my explanation. If you think you machine is not performing the way it should send it in.

Regards Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 pm

hi ren
thanks for sharing mate....but can i ask, what is a "go pro3" is it the video camera?
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 pm

As Ren's not on fencejumper, I can answer that simple question on his behalf.

It is Ren's new camera and you can find out more about it on their webpage at http://gopro.com/

Let me just add though, Ren paaal, I almost got seasick watching the "gutcam", maybe another location? Hatcam, Shaftcam? Tripodcam? Maybe even footcam as your feet don't move around as much? Just throwing it in there....
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm

CostasDee wrote:As Ren's not on fencejumper, I can answer that simple question on his behalf.

It is Ren's new camera and you can find out more about it on their webpage at http://gopro.com/

Let me just add though, Ren paaal, I almost got seasick watching the "gutcam", maybe another location? Hatcam, Shaftcam? Tripodcam? Maybe even footcam as your feet don't move around as much? Just throwing it in there....

lol! lol! Yes I agree buddy "Gutcam" not a good idea Embarassed I was feeling a bit of nausea watching the videos pale ..... I'm going to mount the gopro-bro on a wooden stake about 2 foot long that I can stick in the ground then easily reach over my head to put away in my backpack... No more shaky shaky...... Rolling Eyes

@ fencejumper they are an action camera very small and able to shoot cinema quality high rez film.... They have been using them to shoot documentary's with excellent results. I shoot at low rez to keep the files nice and small.

Regards Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 pm

thanks for the info guy's....i watched the vids expecting to see a "go pro3" pinpointer or something clown Razz
cheers

Back to top Go down