Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden ore?

+2
shelby23
LeftBehind
6 posters

Go down

Golden ore? Empty Golden ore?

Post  LeftBehind Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:05 pm

I found rocks with gilding on it, and little nuggets. The place where I found them is not easily approachable so I am asking is worth trying to take them from the rocks ?

Golden ore? 242bodl
Golden ore? 106dg6c
Golden ore? 1zehytc
Golden ore? 2rp8xg7

LeftBehind
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Golden ore? Empty Re: Golden ore?

Post  Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Hhhhmmmm I see no gold ? Have you tested it ? I see pyrites I'm almost sure Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 pm

G'day leftbehind and welcome to the forum...
Looks like you need to do some testing to see if it is gold...
It looks the real McCoy to me, hope it is, you could be onto something special...
Very good pics and looks like you weren't alone in there... looks like grubs going up the wall...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:55 am

Looks like the Mother Load, crush some up, pan or mercury the gold off.
Hope it works out for you.

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 am

Hi Leftbehind. Nice pictures of a cave wall. Is it a natural leached out cavity found in a mine or a cave in its own right. I can see some shawls, stalactites with water drops on their ends and bell holes that indicate the cave was formed by dissoultion of the bedrock by water. (the second image in loaded sideways).

Caves in metamophosed limestone and in other rock containing high levels of pyrite and other minerals are common. The pyrite and other minerals oxidize and becomes acidic and makes the water in the rock acidic. The pyrite rich beds act as inception point for water to start moving and dissolving the rock (the start of the cave) The pock holed/fretted rock in your pictures is typical of a pyrite deposit in quartz with the pyrite and some of the quartz leached away.

Of course gold can occur in association with pyrite. If it is gold in your cave you should just pick up the gold from depressions on the floor of your cavity...it would be left behind when the rock leached away. The gold in the deposit would not have been dissolved and carried away with the water, it would be trapped in floor depressions waiting for you to pick it up..

Please let us in on what your mystery picture is of.

Tributer

Last edited by Tributer on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add sentence)
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  HasFoundTheGold Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:11 pm

yeah mate it looks real couple of peice there that stand out more than the rest

HasFoundTheGold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Looks like you are in an old mine?

If it was gold the old time miners would have taken it out!

Be very careful in old mines, bad air, unstable ground etc!

DEATH TRAPS! No gold is worth loosing your life!

Back to top Go down

Post  LeftBehind Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 am

First of all thank you for sharing your opinions with me. As I said the place where this magical thing is, is not easily approachable. We were walking about 2 hours through a rocky,mud and sharp branch wood to reach to the cave. Yes it's a Cave high on a mountain and the "magical thing" is located high on the ceiling about 3 or 4 meters so it is a little risky trying to take a part from it. They say that the cave is holy and there is lot of old coins dropped in the water from the people who were there (long long time ago) to pray. Not many people go there now, because of the terrain. And when someone get in the cave, they always look down, watching not to slip on the stalagmites, it is too dark down there so there are a lot of bat .Even if It's a pyrite it is magical thing and a magical cave that I have visited. Maybe some day I will go there and try to take a part from it and try to test it.

There are stories about that place. In the second world war on the other side of this mountain existed a gold mine who were controled by the germans and the entrance of mine is destroyed when they leaved the place. Also there are stories that say gold were found on watercourse nearby. Now the river don't exist, only rocks.... I am not a gold hunter so I have never been there try to find something.

Thanks again.

LeftBehind

LeftBehind
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:39 am

Sounds like a place I'd like to swing a detector LeftBehind. Doesn't sound like it's in Australia though, any clues to what country it's in?
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:30 am

To me it looks like pyrite but I could be wrong! 2 reasons why, it doesn't look a host rock for gold unless it's the underside of an ancient riverbed and the bright refection that the specks are giving from the camera flash is something you would get from pyrite and not gold. Take a ladder and a geo pick to get some samples then photograph them here and post them, we will be able to tell what it is....

Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:38 am

As I said !!! Very Happy but you have expanded on why I said it ! Well done Ren!

Back to top Go down