Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hill End this week - Three and a half days prospecting with Fred.

2 posters

Go down

Hill End this week - Three and a half days prospecting with Fred. Empty Hill End this week - Three and a half days prospecting with Fred.

Post  Jigalong Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:52 am

Last night I got back from 3.5 days of detecting at Hill End with Fred. Had a great time and went to some new spots.

I got 3 blisters, a bag containing about 150 pc of metal and a slightly smaller bag with six small nuggets ranging from 0.02 to 1.1 for total of 3.2 gm.

On the first day, I tried my new double D in cancel mode under the power lines, but from the targets I was getting, felt I was losing too much sensitivity to make it a nugget finding combo in such a well flogged area . I know a gent who used a Double D in cancel at some virgin ground and he did really well. But the targets were large, not the sub one grammers we are getting in these well detected spots.

The next day, there was a power outage that lasted 24 hours. Fred and I went detecting under the power lines with our monos. I got a small nugget, but in the three hours we had before the power came back on, it certainly was not the bonanza we had hoped for. With my 12" NF Mono, I went over some of the ground I had done the day before with the Double D in cancel. I found a heap of small targets I had not heard the day before. All crap unfortunately, but it showed just how much I was missing using the Double D in cancel. I guess it is a real compromise for extreme conditions and should be kept in my arsenel for those times.

Jigalong.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Hill End this week - Three and a half days prospecting with Fred. Empty Re: Hill End this week - Three and a half days prospecting with Fred.

Post  chopppacalamari Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm glad u got some gold. I got seven buttons, an old razor and a heap o bullets and boot tacs etc.. No gold for me. I decided to take the shortcut home via the 4WD only track because I was told the river crossing was dry.

It was dry and I enjoyed the drive. got some nice pics and also got lost turning down a road before I was supposed to. My 2.5 hour trip home lasted for 4.5 hours and the little hyundai is a bit shaken. It felt like an adventure but I don't think i'll do it again in that car.

Cheers boys ....

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Hill End this week - Three and a half days prospecting with Fred. Empty Re: Hill End this week - Three and a half days prospecting with Fred.

Post  Jigalong Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:29 am

G'day Justin,

That's odd to get seven buttons. I only got one button in about 150 pc of crap.

Are you saying you took a Hyundai down the Bridal Track ? I did not know you were even going to Hill End. That's a bummer, as I would have made a big effort to meet up with you. I seemed to be leaving, when everyone else was arriving.

Jig
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:28 am

Dicko nice to meet ya on the weekend, you saying the long point rd? over the Macquarie.

Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:30 am

Hi Guys,

better late than never. Yes I meant the Long Point Road over the Macquarie.

cheers.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:01 am

Bloody hell Dicko,

You waited 7 months to answer this and then suddenly, it was so urgent, you got up at 1.30 am to do it.

Jig
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down