Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost treaure!

Go down

lost treaure! Empty lost treaure!

Post  Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:22 pm

hi everybody,got a true story to tell.when i was 7 nearly 40 years ago we used to live near the beach in north queensland,behind where we lived where huge sand dunes.mucking around with my bro which was a year younger than myself,we used to make cubby houses ect.one day sliding down this dune something caught my eye! it was a gold coin about the size of a fifty cent bit.getting to the bottom of the june showed my brother.after that i put it in my pocket not knowing any better and as kids do kept playing for the rest of the afternoon.running up dunes wrestling each down dunes having a ball! well by the time we got home just on dark to get cleaned up for dinner.went to show my mum what i had found and it was gone!lost the bloody thing! my brother agreed with me what i had found.going back a few years ago with my etrack with my family found nothing.the dunes seemed bigger back then and i know the area within a 1.5km radius because of the of the tidal creeks that we could not cross.have done some reserch on the area for sunken ships and were a few they reckon the spanish used to travel from indonisea ect,across the top of australia.that might be right but im telling you guys at least one got lost and sunk on the eastcoast of oz!this is a true story!

Back to top Go down

lost treaure! Empty Re: lost treaure!

Post  Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm

The Lost treasure lost for the second time! Wink
I would be taking the GPX back with you mate,they punch heaps deeper than an Etrack.
Give me a yell if you need a hand Razz

Back to top Go down

lost treaure! Empty re lost treasure.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:10 pm

yeah no worries gus,it is a fair drive from where i now live,would be good to get a crew together to do it over properly.im hoping that its not the only one there.the dunes have changed to which adds to the mix.does anyone know if them deep seeking treasure things from the usa work?you put 4 prods in the ground and it gives you a image???has anyone seen one or better still got one???

Back to top Go down

lost treaure! Empty Re: lost treaure!

Post  HasFoundTheGold Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:26 pm

yeah mate deffently get out there with the gpx, id even get an underwater one and get wet

HasFoundTheGold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Back to top Go down

lost treaure! Empty re lost treasure

Post  Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 pm

to right hftg,where i found it though was quite a distance from the high tide mark.Smile

Back to top Go down