Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Newbie

Go down

Another Newbie Empty Another Newbie

Post  Mars Rover Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:08 am

Hi Everyone.
i Have recenty got interested in prospecting after coming across heaps of clips on you tube of people finding gold all over ther place here in WA. No gear yet but will be equipped soon.
So, i have spent hours reading and researching all i can. i have been trying to bring myself up to speed on different leases, tenements, do's, dont's and got fairly burnt out in the process. i have applied for a license and downloaded citrix and been looking around the tenegraph database. if you tried to make a database more clumsy you'd be hard pushed.
There are many questions but one pops up right away considering the tenegraph site.
Reading where you are allowed to prospect it seems we can prospect on vacant "crown land". As a newcomer this seems like a good way to go without the need to contact the pastoral leaseholders for permission etc.. just to get used to the whole thing. However teneghraph calls it "crown reserve". i assume it is the same thing. it is hatched in red. Can anyone help with this? Can i freely prospect where the red hatched land is?
Anyway this site is a great source of info.
Look forward to hearing from someone.
Cheers
MR

Mars Rover
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Another Newbie Empty Re: Another Newbie

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:23 am

Welcome to the group mate. Top group with top guy's and plenty of help if needed. James 101 cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:36 am

G'day Mars Rover & welcome to the forum

Any of the DMP offices can show you how to use Tengraph, there are regional offices and the main office in PERTH WA, just call in and get them to show you how to use it.

I have always found them to be very helpful in Kalgoorlie and Leonora.

Below is the address for the Perth office

Mineral House
webmaster@dmp.wa.gov.au

Ph: +61 (08) 9222 3333
Fax: +61 (08) 9222 3862
Mineral House
100 Plain Street
East Perth
Western Australia

PS: It's not that any of their other offices were not helpful, it's just that I have never been to them.

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added PS)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:24 am

Mars Rover wrote:Hi Everyone.
i Have recenty got interested in prospecting after coming across heaps of clips on you tube of people finding gold all over ther place here in WA. No gear yet but will be equipped soon.
So, i have spent hours reading and researching all i can. i have been trying to bring myself up to speed on different leases, tenements, do's, dont's and got fairly burnt out in the process. i have applied for a license and downloaded citrix and been looking around the tenegraph database. if you tried to make a database more clumsy you'd be hard pushed.
There are many questions but one pops up right away considering the tenegraph site.
Reading where you are allowed to prospect it seems we can prospect on vacant "crown land". As a newcomer this seems like a good way to go without the need to contact the pastoral leaseholders for permission etc.. just to get used to the whole thing. However teneghraph calls it "crown reserve". i assume it is the same thing. it is hatched in red. Can anyone help with this? Can i freely prospect where the red hatched land is?
Anyway this site is a great source of info.
Look forward to hearing from someone.
Cheers
MR

Welcome MR ,it is a great site you will learn a lot in here for sure ! Wonderful to see that you're have been busy arming yourself with the know how before you take that first step into this hobby !!!! Well done on that cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:55 pm

G'day Mars Rover and welcome to the forum... Very Happy As Davsgold has said the DMP are very helpful... When we were in the Kalgoorlie one last year they were very helpful... The lady there helped us getting our first section 20A she was very helpful... As for the red hatched areas I would say it is a no go area... The blue pending areas and the blacked out areas I am sure are ok... Hope this helps... Also I recommend joining APLA they are also very helpful and they have monthly meetings and have organised outings for members...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Another Newbie Empty Thanks eveyone

Post  Mars Rover Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks guys.
The more I look at Tengraph the more confusing it is. I'm sure I'll get in the end. If you click on one screen it shows "Tenement Pending". The same spot shows "pastoral lease" if you click on another screen! Suppose this means it's currently under pastoral lease but someone has applied for the rights to mine there. Anyway as Davsgold said I'll go to the office for a session.
I'm quickly realising I need to learn more about the type of land i'll be going to and where the gold deposits are likely to have come from etc..
My first thought of buying an expensive detector, driving 900klm, jump out of the car and find a half an oz nugget every ten minutes has been squashed. Bugger.
Now comes the hard work of learning the strange lanquage of things like granite intrusuions, pegmatite dykes and laterite plantations (sorry planations!). I feel like a first year geology student.
I'll keep an eye on this forum and see ya out there one day.
I'm planning a trip to leonora April time.
Where's that geology encyclopaedia gone......
Thanks again
MR

Mars Rover
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down