Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the game from Northern Adelaide Suburbs.

Go down

New to the game from Northern Adelaide Suburbs. Empty New to the game from Northern Adelaide Suburbs.

Post  Astroman Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 am

Hello all,

My real name is Andrew and I live in the northern suburbs of Adelaide. My sons (I have 3) and I have just started to look around with our new detector we purchased, a Minelab X-Terra 305. So far it is already paying it'self off and have only been out once. We found 50c in coins... Got to start somewhere I guess.

The main reason for the detector was to get my sons involved with something they can enjoy doing and get them away from the computer screen. My two youngest sons love going out and digging up the ground, uncovering all sorts of metal. I cannot believe how much rubbish is actually hidden under the surface.

I like to look around old ruins, when I can access them and look around. I once found a medal from WW2 up at Quorn, it was just sitting on top of the soil on a roadway. I cannot locate this medal any more and fear it may be lost forever. I am always going out to the East of Adelaide into the Murraylands and Riverland areas, there are hundreds of old ruins around the place, I can only imagine what stories they have to tell.

I found this forum from the Minelab website and hope to learn a few things along the way. I am still gathering prospecting gear to go out ie, pick, shovel etc... Gold is not on my high list of finding priorities, I am more interested in learning a bit about the history of an area and what people used in everyday life.

regards,

Andrew.

Astroman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

New to the game from Northern Adelaide Suburbs. Empty Re: New to the game from Northern Adelaide Suburbs.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:50 am

Hi mate welcome to the group. cheers It's a top site this one you will enjoy it. James

Back to top Go down

New to the game from Northern Adelaide Suburbs. Empty Re: New to the game from Northern Adelaide Suburbs.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 am

Welcome Andrew to this great pastime! Just something to ponder ! You say you are looking forward to searching around old ruins ? I would check with your relevant depts. about that as most,if not all states, have rules against digging in such places cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Astroman Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 am

Ark wrote:Welcome Andrew to this great pastime! Just something to ponder ! You say you are looking forward to searching around old ruins ? I would check with your relevant depts. about that as most,if not all states, have rules against digging in such places cheers

Hi Ark, Thanks for the information, I will check out the laws regarding this, don't want to end up having a huge fine because I didn't research.

Astroman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 am

Astroman wrote:
Ark wrote:Welcome Andrew to this great pastime! Just something to ponder ! You say you are looking forward to searching around old ruins ? I would check with your relevant depts. about that as most,if not all states, have rules against digging in such places cheers

Hi Ark, Thanks for the information, I will check out the laws regarding this, don't want to end up having a huge fine because I didn't research.

Well said cheers

Back to top Go down