Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new guy needs help and info

2 posters

Go down

new guy needs help and info Empty new guy needs help and info

Post  steve_3101 Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 pm

hi all im steve im in perth wa just joined last night after reading the foums for hours you have a great site here im just getting started with detecting and going to check out a minelab gpx4000 this weekend for $3500 is this a good price???? i would like to have someone show me how to detect if anyone is up for a trip i dont mind paying fuel dont have to go to your secret areas just to learn how to use it is all i want look forward to some feedback albino

steve_3101
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-11-27

Back to top Go down

new guy needs help and info Empty Re: new guy needs help and info

Post  getascripter Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi Steve Very Happy I'm Kate. I started with a X-terra 705 Gold Pack, then went to an SD2000, and now have the GPX4000

It's actually a reasonably easy machine to learn. If you search through the forum you will find LOTS about the setting for the 4000. https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f25-gpx4000 ... lots of really good info on 4000 settings.

Hope you find someone locally to help ... sorry, I'm in SA ... and am certainly no expert! Very Happy affraid cheers
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:02 am

steve_3101 wrote:hi all im steve im in perth wa just joined last night after reading the foums for hours you have a great site here im just getting started with detecting and going to check out a minelab gpx4000 this weekend for $3500 is this a good price???? i would like to have someone show me how to detect if anyone is up for a trip i dont mind paying fuel dont have to go to your secret areas just to learn how to use it is all i want look forward to some feedback albino

Gday Steve

Jonathan Porter did a dvd called the "gpx factor" he is the minelab detector guru, the dvd's make it easy to understand the settings on your machine and is a great tool to have to go back to and watch again if you are unsure, I think there is currently a copy on ebay at the moment, get in quick as its the first I have seen on there for awhile now.

What part of Perth are you situated in?

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  steve_3101 Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:27 pm

thanks kate and stayyer im in kelmscott i am getting a dvd with the detecter i will see what that is and if i need to ill get a copy of the other one i guess a good idea would be to try it on the beach rather than drive all the way to the gold fields at least ill get the hang of it before i go

steve_3101
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-11-27

Back to top Go down