Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old hand/new member

5 posters

Go down

Old hand/new member Empty Old hand/new member

Post  Twodogs/Dion Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:16 pm

G'day everyone, just a quick line to say hello. Have been reading your forum and it's good to see a friendly chat site where no-ones killing each other, haha. Im 44, spent my whole life in the Pilbara WA and have prospected for the last 20 odd years. My dad has been doing it as a hobby for about 35/40 years, so growing up I was around dry blowers and garretts for as long as I can remember. My first detector was the xt 17000, which I found nails, tins and old timer cr*p everywhere but no gold. About a year after I got the xt, the sd 2000 was on the market, so me and the old man got one and headed bush. I got my first bit of gold with it, a 20 oz nugget about 2 and a half feet down. I figure it had to be that big for me to find a bit, haha. I was using the 24 inch fibreglass coil that came with the detector. I was hooked from that moment and since then we have had the sd 2100, gp extreme, 2x gp 3500's and am using the 4500 still now, thinking about throwing away another $6500 for the new toy, haha. I have a 3 and 4 year old and I am a stay at home dad so the detecting has been on the back burner until their at school, then the games can start again.

Look forward to having a chat on here, leaving a few comments, and hope your all kind enough to give me one spot each to detect where you get all your good gold, hahaha. ( it's good to dream). Talk soon, Dion.
Twodogs/Dion
Twodogs/Dion
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Old hand/new member Empty Welcome to the forum

Post  philip.j.thompson Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Much discussion seems to go on on the general discussion area. Anyway welcome and put your two bob's worth in'. At least you are in ballpark area, as a resident of the mighty Hay plains with mighty little gold nearby I suspect you have location. location , location.
Cheers Phil pirat

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Old hand/new member Empty Re: Old hand/new member

Post  pilbarachad Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Welcome to the forum mate, 20 0z first nugget-geez you would be hooked after that!. Im just up the road in hedland by the way, so if you ever want to head out some time let us know.

Anyway id love to hear some tips and stories from someone whos been prospecting up this way as long as you have-got any too get me salivating???

pilbarachad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 pm

G'day Dion ... Kate from SA here. Nice ta meet ya!! Hope to hear lots more about your end of the country. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  TOMBSTONE Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Welcome i'm a newbe to the forum as well found this site very helpful
TOMBSTONE
TOMBSTONE
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 pm

G'day Dion and welcome to the forum... Sounds like we can expect some very interesting stories from you in the near future... Very Happy Good luck and hope to hear from you soon...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Welcome to the forum Dion.
Its always good to have experienced guys join.Lot of experience and knowledge to share.
There is not many people there who find 20oz nugget so you belong to i would say elite minority. cheers
Looking forward to hear some stories and maybe some photos as well.
Enjoy the forum
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Old hand/new member Empty Thanks guys

Post  Twodogs/Dion Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:43 am

thanks for the welcome all, just trying to put some pic's up now, not as easy as I thought, haha.
Twodogs/Dion
Twodogs/Dion
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down