Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a volunteer for sluicing at the Goanna Muster - can you help?

Go down

I need a volunteer for sluicing at the Goanna Muster - can you help? Empty I need a volunteer for sluicing at the Goanna Muster - can you help?

Post  JohnApthorp Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:45 am

Hi,
a lot of you know about the demonstrations that will be taking place at the Goanna Outdoor Muster on the 3rd & 4th November at the Mookerawa SRA.

Some of the demonstrations will include:
John will be demonstrating the Highbanker sluice.
I will be demonstrating: the Pyramid Pro Pan, The Blue Bowl, the Desert Fox Spiral wheel, The 24 inch Camel Pro wheel.
Due to these demos taking place on Saturday the 3rd, I doubt if I will be able to do a proper demo on a 45inch river sluice due to time committments.
What would be great, if someone who is already attending the muster, volunteered to do a demo with my (or their own) river sluicebox. I have the JOBE 45" river sluice.

The person doing the demo would have to be proficient with a sluice box & be able to demonstrate the correct drop (about 1inch for every foot of sluicebox) & the correct waterflow rate. (about 3 - 4 seconds per metre of sluicebox) The sand/rocks used in the demo will be from the Gold panning area of the park. That means that you will find gold during the demo. It's all yours to keep. (A sample of different size & numbers of lead shot will also be placed in the sand samples - all demos will have exactly the same samples of lead included to demonstrate the recovery ability of the item being demonstrated.)

If you can help out, please give me a yell.

Thanks,
Gary.

goannamuster@southernphone.com.au

JohnApthorp
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down