Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brain Picking

3 posters

Go down

Brain Picking Empty Brain Picking

Post  The Bat Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:14 am

Hi from the group's newest member.

Could I have some thoughts on the Fisher F75 detector as an entry level detector please
The Bat
The Bat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-10-01

Back to top Go down

Brain Picking Empty Re: Brain Picking

Post  getascripter Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:11 am

G'day Bat ... I'm Kate from SA. Nice ta meet ya! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Can't help you with the Fisher ... I'm running a GPX4000 ... when I can get out and about! Smile Just wanted to say Hi! & Welcome!!
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm

G'day The Bat.Welcome to the forum.

Both the Fisher F75 and Tecknetics T2 Limited Edition are top of the range specialty detectors,designed specifically for the discrimination and IDing of coins & or relics. They can be used for prospecting for gold nuggets with their appropriate type/size coils,but are not specifically designed for the recovery of gold nuggets.If it's strictly park or dry sand beach detecting for coins that your after,you wont go wrong with either machine.Both are top notch coin detectors first,with some gold detecting capabilities second.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bat Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:06 pm

G'day Kate and thanks for the lovely welcome to the Forum.
The Bat
The Bat
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bat Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:08 pm

G'day Kon61

Thanks for the valued comment.

I am particularly interested in fossicking for gold so what would you suggest in a similar price range please?

Ta
The Bat
The Bat
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Speciality VLF gold detectors (for shallow ground) my choice would have to be the old and proven and still currently made,Gold Bug 2,coupled to its 6.5 inch elliptical coil.Even though it has manual ground balance,it's hard to beat over shallow slaty ground,or any ground with a low to medium mineralization when chasing the tinier gold.If you intend working over all sorts of mineralized ground,for all sorts of nuggets at various depths, see if you can save a few extra bucks and go for at least a latter model auto ground balance Minelab 2200d series pulse,coupled to a 14 inch Coiltek DD Elite coil and Bobs your uncle.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down