Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

digging a bloody big hole

2 posters

Go down

digging a bloody big hole  Empty digging a bloody big hole

Post  Show Me The Gold Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:29 am

do you need a permit or licence to stake a claim and dig a big ass hole and are there limits on how uch could be taken from such a hole and is there any one who could give me tips pointers or training in how to locate a good gold vein
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

digging a bloody big hole  Empty Re: digging a bloody big hole

Post  deutran Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 am

Hi Show me the gold
I wish I could help but I've tried sluicing and panning to no avail,never tried loaming though for obvious reasons there has never been any gold in my pan to loam with.However there's some very talented people here that can certainly help you out so good luck.I like the gold I can hear in a set of headphones and hold in your hand.
As far as digging for gold well it hasn't really worked for me other than a few small bits here and there.You have to move an awful lot of dirt about in between the gold.What about continuing where reefs were once dug,you may pick up the lead again if your lucky.A lot of early diggers moved on pretty quickly as they didn't have detectors in those days.You could also try in places where the gullies widen and the water slows or where it flattens out.They tell me the inside bends will accumulate fine gold as the water slows,I've found nuggety gold on the outside where its been thrown out around the bends.
Good luck anyway.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down