Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

other metal detectors?

3 posters

Go down

other metal detectors? Empty other metal detectors?

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 am

can someone tell me please,why have garret or whites or tesoro or any of the other metal detector makers not made a machine that will compete with minelab.is it that ML have patened the technology (clever move on their part if they have).can you patent technology?  i genuinely don`t know.
it would be good if there were other machines as good,there might be a bit more competition with pricing

Last edited by day one on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

other metal detectors? Empty Re: other metal detectors?

Post  Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:07 pm

I remember when Garretts were the machine of choice. Maybe it was Minelab who finally made a machine to compete with the others.
I guess the main problem here is Australia would be a small portion in the detector market, possibly not big enough of a market to really worry the other main makers.
Minelab being an Aussie company made the choice to make detectors for the local market and conditions and in a smart business move branched out into the US and European markets aswell, though prospecting and coin machines are a small part of thier overall dealings.

I have no idea but I'd imagine ML share of the overseas prospecting market would be minor compared to thier home grown brands.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian addonas Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Hello dAYWUN,,,, Very Happy It appears there is a home grown detector in development all be it lengthy development Called the QED? This is a PI machine that will de sold in kit form for around $ 600 AND Will at least match the 4500. Surprised Surprised Funny is it not when you see these claims in another place ya got to admit it looks funny\ No offence D and BW Ill believe it when I see it. See how this goes AA Rolling Eyes

adrian addonas
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:38 pm

The truth is that Minelab and Bruce Candy are at the apex of the detector technology whether you like it or not. There is always a detector technology that is going to knock them from their hard won place, but as yet there it has always been all wind and no result. There are people that would like to convince you that it will happen in the near future, and several units come to mind but I won't embarrass them. It may possibly happen Sleep Sleep Sleep but I certainly won't be with-holding any funds I might have allocated to a detector purchase in the minute hope that it will eventuate. cheers cheers

Dreamers are a part of our society and should be accepted as such, not chastised. Laughing Laughing
After all, we are supposed to be an accepting sort of ------------------
Yeah right. clown clown clown clown
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 pm

I'll wait till the QED's free with every happy meal...yeah it may equal the 4500...trouble is by the time it comes out the 4500 will be antique technology and we'll be using GPZ8000V2's

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 pm

"AND Will at least match the 4500."

You haven't been drinking have you adrian?
It's not like you to spread silly rumours. Just think about how clever enhance is and how hard it would be to devise something to be even nearly as effective.

Alas, we will all be worm food before anything from that area could even approach the 3500.

QED is just latin for a vapour being expelled under pressure from a couple of ring events.
cyclops Laughing Laughing Laughing
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down