Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker

5 posters

Go down

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker Empty Testing a new 14" round goldstalker

Post  deutran Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Had a chance to try a new goldstalker just picked up today from coiltek by a mate,ideal for comparison as I've been using the 14"NFA for the last few weeks.First impression was very light,no falsing to speak off it was rock solid through rocks,leaves,sticks and scrubbing.Sensitivity is excellent.The 1g piece was at 10".I noticed it required ground balancing slightly more often as seemed more responsive to changes in ground mineralsation.This was a hard coil to hand back to the owner.
The 2g was found with the 14"NFA at only 2" and the smaller bit at 3"

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker RIMG0002a

deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker Empty duetran

Post  papoutsi Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Can't believe you got to detect today was pouring here all day , non stop . Interesting regarding coil sounds really stable awesome stuff . cheers papoutsi

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker Empty Re: Testing a new 14" round goldstalker

Post  deutran Thu May 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi Papoutsi
Dry all day today,got out for a short time this evening after work.I haven't used a goldstalker for a long time after the issues on the last one.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker Empty Re: Testing a new 14" round goldstalker

Post  Guest Thu May 03, 2012 10:04 pm

[quote="papoutsi"]Can't believe you got to detect today was pouring here all day , non stop .

Papoutsi, Mate we live on the right side of the Great Rock Wall (great divide) no rain here today, and always good for detecting Laughing

Duetran very interesting about the new goldstalker coil. What size were you using and was it a Mono or DD? I don't know to much about them, but what you said and the results you got it sounds like a good coil.
Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker Empty Re-testing-a-new-14-round-goldstalker

Post  Guest Thu May 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Nice nuggets Steve sounds like 14" Goldstalker works very well, congrats on your finds. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

P.S hey Papoutsi the weather over here WA is blue skies 24'c .

Back to top Go down

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker Empty Testing a new 14" round goldstalker

Post  flyspecks Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

nice pieces there deutran ... very nice indeed. hope they keep coming for you Smile Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Thu May 03, 2012 10:46 pm

wombat wrote....Mate we live on the right side of the Great Rock Wall (great divide)....... there's a reason for that wall.... to keep the wombat out of melbourne lol! lol! Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 am

nice pieces deutran Very Happy

i was up in wombats neck of the woods yesterday and a couple of times it threatened to rain but it never quite made it,didn`t see a drop all day.
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 9:05 am

Well done on the finds Deutran cheers and by the looks of it either coil brand would serve you well,thanks for the feedback.

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri May 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Nice finds and well done Deutran.Just like in the days of old,the 14 inch round Coiltek mono's and DDs ruled the roost.Not much more has changed today.The 14 rounds in both DD and mono configuration are still what I believe to be the best power to weight ratio for small and large nuggets at depth.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri May 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi Kon61
I only wish I'd known 12 months ago,these new detectors are truly capable with the larger coils.I've been following your posts lately and its really what I am thinking.I don't have much experience with the early DD coils and machines so that part of it is still a bit of a mystery but trying to make sense of it.
Steve

deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi Wombat
I'm only using mono's and both coils were 14" rounds spoked variety.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Testing a new 14" round goldstalker Empty Re/testing a new 14''round goldstalker

Post  moffa Fri May 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Well done Steve
Jeez,you do well mate very nice finds,reckon if you walked around with a stick in your hand,you would still pick em up,excellent keep it up.
Cheers Moffa

moffa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks Deutran
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down