Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland

3 posters

Go down

Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland Empty Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland

Post  maulonts Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:30 am

Hi,
I have just got in to metal detecting as a hobby, I work up at Roxby Downs and fly home to North Queensland every couple of months for RnR, I have recently spent a week in the golden triangle doing a course on how to use the GPX5000 and looking for my first nugget (which I found on day 3) with some experienced friends who gave me some pointers on the GPX 5000, I am keen to learn more and do some prospecting back up in north Queensland and also around the centre of south Australia and meet other people in these areas. I have been on the net doing some research; if any one has any information they would like to share to help me get going would be great.
Tom

maulonts
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland Empty Re: Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland

Post  rc62burke Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Tom
What part of NQ do you call home, Have a look at the Info on goldfields - QLD goldfields - post, NorthQueenslanders, you may find someone close to you on there.
good luck
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland Empty Re: Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland

Post  maulonts Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 am

I live 20 mins outside of Innisfail Lee
I will have a look
Thanks
Tom

maulonts
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland Empty Newbee looking around in south Australia and north Queensland

Post  G.B. Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Welcome Tom.

Sounds like you've started off on the right track, GPX 5000, Lessons, Experienced mates and only three days to find your first piece.

If the locations who referred turn out to be gold bearing then with the open access I presume you will have it should be a rewarding experience going over those grounds. Check to see if any mining companies have shown any sort of interest in the area and if they have then do some more research because sometimes they may have located only a small deposit which due to cost verses profit wasn't in their interest to apply for rights to the area but for the individual it could be a good place to start detecting.

G.B.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down