Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the B&Z booster system

2 posters

Go down

the B&Z booster system Empty the B&Z booster system

Post  reg Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:41 pm

gooday all
have just bought the B&Z amp, i run a luckylark battery pack with built in booster,now what i want to know is with the B&Z amp system do i use the luckylark bat pack with boost on or boost off,just thought i would ask before i tried anything as i,d hate to blow anything up it does get a bit costly.

cheers...reg
reg
reg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

the B&Z booster system Empty Re: the B&Z booster system

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Make sure you run the Lucky Lark booster switched to the OFF position, otherwise a horrible sound with come out of your machine and you'll think you'll need to get it in for some major repairs (shouldn't damage anything though). The Lucky Lark is great for headphones just a little weak/soft to drive a speaker properly.

For a GP series machine in combination with a B&Z run the threshold a touch higher than you would for headphones, run the Volume control just over half way (between 12 and 1 o'clock) with the B&Z somewhere between 2 1/2 and 3 or more if you want to find the deeper bits in a tight area (concentrated nugget ground).

For a GPX 4000 run the Volume limit at 10 with the B&Z on 2 1/2 to 3 and slightly elevated threshold and the 4500's run the Volume limit on 10 and the target Volume on 8 also with a slightly elevated threshold compared to headphone use.

Hope this helps,

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

the B&Z booster system Empty thanks jonathan

Post  reg Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:58 am

thank you for your reply and also the tips.

cheers...reg
reg
reg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down