Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

................................................ Empty ................................................

Post  Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

................................................ Empty Re: ................................................

Post  Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:35 pm

There's a YouTube clip here. http://www.usprospector.com/index.php/finishing-machine
Would have been nice to see the contents of the sluice being dumped straight into the gold pan, rather than a bucket with unknown content?

Last edited by someday on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

................................................ Empty Re: ................................................

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 am

F/J mate sorry I have never used one so i cant comment. But i have seen one very much like the one in the photo in use and it seemed to do the job well. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:29 am

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 am

Woops. Try the link again without the full stop at the end of the link Embarassed
http://www.usprospector.com/index.php/finishing-machine
Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:41 pm

fencejumper wrote: i'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks mate pleas do. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:02 am

fencejumper wrote: i will be going with a angus mackirk "preditor 2" or "preditor 3" clean up sluice.

F/J mate it was only last week that i had the pleasure of seeing the above {"preditor 2"} unit in action, and yes it is a very good choice. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:19 am

G'day there Fencejumper,

I have used the G-1 highbanker and the S-1 Finishing system with the auto feeder. http://www.usprospector.com/
I bought the entire system shortly after they came out. The creator, Joel Farmer is the son of Gary Farmer whom you know as "Angus Mac Kirk". Joel learned about the vacuum formed Gold recovery creation over many years of working in his father's shop.

As is often the case with children, Joel chose to spread his wings and set off on his own, creating "US Prospector" with the G-1 and S-1 products. Years of trial and effort resulted in a superior (in my personal opinion) product for small operations involving hand tools. I spent a day and a half with Joel, in Boise, Idaho and went from curious to fascinated to purchasing all three components of the system. No piece of equipment is right for everyone - but - these work perfectly for me.

As time marched on Joel really missed the Gold mining (his first love) and eventually (last I heard) sold / transfered the company to his head distributor. Joel went to mining for Gold and the distributor now owns the company.

The only problem that has surfaced with the US Products in Australia seems to be the pricing. Import fees, reasonable profit margins and shipping costs seem to have made the products - er - ummm - pricy. I would be speculating, but if the importer has stopped importing them you just might get a "Smoking Hot Deal" on one as a "closeout special".

To put things in perspective, many good finishing "Mini-Sluices" exist on the market. James may well have found a really good one there with the Angus Mac Kirk "Preditor 2" or "Preditor 3" clean up sluices.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 am

KAEOJ wrote:G'day there Fencejumper,

I have used the G-1 highbanker and the S-1 Finishing system with the auto feeder. http://www.usprospector.com/
I bought the entire system shortly after they came out. The creator, Joel Farmer is the son of Gary Farmer whom you know as "Angus Mac Kirk". Joel learned about the vacuum formed Gold recovery creation over many years of working in his father's shop.

As is often the case with children, Joel chose to spread his wings and set off on his own, creating "US Prospector" with the G-1 and S-1 products. Years of trial and effort resulted in a superior (in my personal opinion) product for small operations involving hand tools. I spent a day and a half with Joel, in Boise, Idaho and went from curious to fascinated to purchasing all three components of the system. No piece of equipment is right for everyone - but - these work perfectly for me.

As time marched on Joel really missed the Gold mining (his first love) and eventually (last I heard) sold / transfered the company to his head distributor. Joel went to mining for Gold and the distributor now owns the company.

The only problem that has surfaced with the US Products in Australia seems to be the pricing. Import fees, reasonable profit margins and shipping costs seem to have made the products - er - ummm - pricy. I would be speculating, but if the importer has stopped importing them you just might get a "Smoking Hot Deal" on one as a "closeout special".

To put things in perspective, many good finishing "Mini-Sluices" exist on the market. James may well have found a really good one there with the Angus Mac Kirk "Preditor 2" or "Preditor 3" clean up sluices.

Top post mate good to see you back on line. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:19 pm

[

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:00 pm

I made one of those clean up things many years ago!! cut 90mm pipe in half and glued black rib mat to it and presto !! a great fines clean up unit -- used to run it wet and as this guy says just have a regulated drip feed into the back of the hopper holding the cons-- now the secret of this type of sluice is to have your cons classified to the same size as the gold contained therein !! you know it makes sense!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:39 pm

F/J mate shop around for your Bilge pump a lot of hardware shops have them and at times very cheap. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:54 pm

F/J mate keep us up to speed on what you think about the unit. But i think you will not be disappointed with it. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum