Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

equipment cost

3 posters

Go down

equipment cost  Empty equipment cost

Post  tirp56 Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:25 pm

guys ,went to coiltek on w/end to get a spare curly lead and a 6"skid plate ,no change out of $80 ,i dont know how they can justify these prices ,but this is getting to be ridiculous al

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

equipment cost  Empty Re: equipment cost

Post  Bullet Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:56 pm

$80 sounds cheap, I paid $68 for a new 4 pin curly about a week ago. I haven't bought skid plates yet but they must be cheap.
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Outa the 4 curlies I've got, only one is heavy duty and it wasn't the new one. Just did some checking, if I'd also bought 2 skid plates for the 14x9 coiltek ellip mono and the coiltek 16" round mono, I would have spent $120.50
Won't say where in Perth, I don't want to run down someones business but from what I've just seen, things are definitely cheaper in the East.
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:00 am

This fellow is selling skidplates for around $20-30.

http://www.goldcitydetecting.com.au/EShop/EShop.aspx?EshopID=fb2cc2e2-a2f0-4038-b0a7-941f6df6e89c&CategoryID=7806b5d9-eb77-4edb-9f92-b75f818f4fac

If they are just tough plastic I am sure you could make your own, might not look as nice but they would do the job.
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:42 am

Found this fellow selling straight leads for about $40 he is a forum member gef50 and he is in NT:

http://www.kakadoodledoo.bigpondhosting.com/vktek%20solutions.htm

Hope it helps.
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:45 am

gcause wrote:Found this fellow selling straight leads for about $40 he is a forum member gef50 and he is in NT:

http://www.kakadoodledoo.bigpondhosting.com/vktek%20solutions.htm

Hope it helps.

Sorry it looks like that might be an old link for him this looks like his main link:

http://vkteksolutions.com/
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:03 am

Gday

Prices for some gear from the East might be a bit cheaper but by the time you add postage its all about the same, as far as power cables go they are easy enough to make yourself, I have the heavy duty curly cord for the 4500 but prefer the straight type, I bought one online for about $45 delivered and made another as a spare.

Things like skid plates for the nuggetfinders are $25-30 dollars, and if you are not a scraper of the coil, they last for some time so thats not so bad, its all about wear and tear and how you look after your gear as well.

If you source any part from a shop that is not an agent for that particular brand then I have found that you will generally pay more for it so its always worth doing your homework and shopping around for the best deal, there are two prospecting supply shops in Perth, five minutes apart, easy enough to check them both out.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down