Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leroy Traralgon creek gold??????

2 posters

Go down

Leroy Traralgon creek gold?????? Empty Leroy Traralgon creek gold??????

Post  jarrahrules Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:34 pm

I was told about an area up taralgon creek near Leroy as a old gold area. Aparently lots of dredging and sluiceing happend. Went for a look and didn't even get a speck. Was wondering if any one has herd anything about this area.
Jamie

jarrahrules
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Leroy Traralgon creek gold?????? Empty Re: Leroy Traralgon creek gold??????

Post  Nigeaubz Thu May 31, 2012 6:33 pm

jarrahrules wrote:I was told about an area up taralgon creek near Leroy as a old gold area. Aparently lots of dredging and sluiceing happend. Went for a look and didn't even get a speck. Was wondering if any one has herd anything about this area.
Jamie

I havent prospected up there but used to fish it a lot when younger and before i had the gold fever. I have done a lot of research looking for maps etc up that way and cant find any history of it up there but always suspected there might be some up there. would be interested in looking if you wanted someone to go up with

Nigeaubz
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Leroy Traralgon creek gold?????? Empty Re: Leroy Traralgon creek gold??????

Post  jarrahrules Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:07 am

I spent an afternoon up there and not even a bit of color. walk up from the bridge and tried all of the corners and rocks. So i dont think it is there. might have a better go one day but dig deeper.
Jamie

jarrahrules
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down