Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new clip from the new diggings.

Go down

A new clip from the new diggings. Empty A new clip from the new diggings.

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 9:18 am

I have been filming in a new area about 1 km from the first set of diggings I found, this new area was worked in the 1930s and again only 20 years ago buy a mining company, it has a lot of scrappings down to bedrock from the mining company and also a old mineshaft from 1933-35 with potholes all over the place.

Sorry about the sound but I didnt have a booster speaker combo yet, my 4500 setup wont work on the Modded 3500 so I am using the under chin earphones as Jack Lange uses, I have ordered a Treasure mate 2 booster speaker and should be here next week from NT this will fix up sound for future filming.

The clip is filmed in full HD but for some reason my wireless broadband will only upload in standard definition I am trying to sort problem out, but I wanted to get a vid up so you could watch someone digging something out of the ground, and also it is a Link Technologies GP 3500 I am using but I think all of you new this anyway.

Whether you use a Standard Minelab detector or a Upgraded unit from Link Technologies it is totally up to the operator but either way it is still a Minelab unit and I believe they are the best detectors bar none.

Cheers Brian Jones.

A new clip from the new diggings. Treasu10

Last edited by The Modern Day Prospector on Sun May 22, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed some text.)

Back to top Go down

A new clip from the new diggings. Empty Re: A new clip from the new diggings.

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 9:39 am

The adventures of Brian Jones, a good vid m8 but it needs sound so bad, everyone likes to hear the nug giving a signal response on the detector. I hope the next one you do has the booster so we can hear it.

Nice piece of gold though, well done and it's great to find a place that has not seen much attention from detectors.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks mate I bought the treasure mate 2 of ebay last week so it should be here soon, I tried to use the speaker of the 4500 but couldnt get it to work when I was out there so all I had was the under chin earphones and I wanted to film targets. I found 4.7 grams down the ridge a bit but didnt have the camera rolling well the camera was rolling but 30 meters away and the footage was crap I was in the corner of the shot so couldnt use it.

Cheers Brian.

Back to top Go down

A new clip from the new diggings. Empty A new clip form the new diggings

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 9:51 am

Always great to see a nice little nugget unearthed..well done Brian Smile
Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 10:14 am

well done mate see all your becoming a pro at posting vids and that now good on you mate...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 10:25 am

Hey Stoppsy I see you have fallen a bit on hard times, dont despair to much about it mate and if you have to part with your gear well thats what you have to do for the good of your family, but remember gold prospecting is in your heart and mind forever and at some future stage in your life you can always come back to it and restart where you left off.
The guys on this forum will always be around to chat to you anytime all the best and I hope all works out for you and your family.

Cheers Brian Jones.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 10:36 am

thanks mate, the members on the forum have been awesome trying to help me out but it's still on the books off having to sell, but as you said i can always come back to it later down the track. i still get upset when i read the posts saying don't do it and all the offers to help me out as it's great to see people still care for others... this forum is the best and the members love to look after each other...well done guys and thank you all.... now back to your post i see you have your detector in tracking do you think your finding more targets now? it seems that it has as it picked that nice nugget up ant a nice depth...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 12:32 pm

I am digging every signal on that track will be back there Wednesday I ran the detector in Fixed and Tracking, but for that nugget it was in Tracking I have to say the detector is very stable and runs smooth and quiet, but saying that I have had my GPX 4500 up there as well and it covers the ground well to. But the Modded GP 3500 is a pleasure to use and I am enjoying my time with it, it is showing good depth and also showing great sensitivity out in this ground up here in Burnett Queensland just dread the day when I have to give it back to Link Technologies.

Cheers Brian Jones.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Another good clip mate keep them coming, specially now if Stoppsy sells his gear Sad we will have to rely on you for most of the entertainment videos Surprised
Wombat

Back to top Go down

A new clip from the new diggings. Empty well done Brian

Post  madmaverick Sun May 22, 2011 5:08 pm

good to see some gold out of Qld, gives me hope lmao,, good vid though m8, very nice looking ground too, shame about the long grass, tis a prob for all of us at the moment, hmmmmmm strike a lite, just wish it was that bloody easy lol

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down