Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which coil

Go down

which coil Empty which coil

Post  marko Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:34 am

hi everyone,its really good to see so much information on our hobby.i was wondering,i run a14inch round mono ,coiltek,would i benefit much by going to a nugget finder advantage 17by11 eliptical mono.oh yeah,this is for the gp45.

marko
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

which coil Empty Re: which coil

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Gday Marko

The 17x11 nuggetfinder advantage eliptical mono will of course give you better ground coverage than the 14"coiltek mono you are using, and also if its an earlier model one the 17x11 advantage should give you a bit better depth as well.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

which coil Empty which coil

Post  marko Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:47 am

thanks for that stayer. the 14 is a good little coil . i am leaning towards the eliptical as you can get in amongst bushes better over in the triangle and here in the ne .victoria.ive spent a lot of time with the 8 inch mono commander,this is such a good coil for sub grammers.,and now im looking for better ground coverage and depth,but having said this ,the 8 inch is really good for amongst bushes and rocks as well.

Last edited by marko on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to thank stayer)

marko
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

which coil Empty Re: which coil

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:02 am

My pleasure marko

Also if you havent already read about it on a post somewhere another few coils that I have found really good on the 4500 are

Minelab 11" commander mono coil (awesome--small deep pieces---quiet and stable--minimal emi pick up.
Nuggetfinder Adv 14" round mono (my favorite)--excellent depth and sensitivity to small bits as well
Nuggetfinder Adv 14"x9" eliptical (my mates favorite)--seems to like specimen nuggets--very sensitive--good depth

Also love the 8" mono, my one is an earlier supergoldsearch one from my first sd2100 but I wont part with it, I dont know how different the commander version is to it but I have heard good things about that one as well.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down