Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

western australian pair cop 266k fine for camping in WA

+4
TheH0ward
spinna
Fly_Dirt
granite2
8 posters

Go down

western australian pair cop 266k fine for camping in WA Empty western australian pair cop 266k fine for camping in WA

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:47 pm

In todays western australian newpaper and internet site.

Judge said this is nothing to the fines we are going to give to the Eastern state interlopers looking for gold in wa without permission.

Back to top Go down

western australian pair cop 266k fine for camping in WA Empty Re: western australian pair cop 266k fine for camping in WA

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Can't find it. A link would be nice. Thanks
Panther

Back to top Go down

western australian pair cop 266k fine for camping in WA Empty Re: western australian pair cop 266k fine for camping in WA

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:04 pm

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8189884/mother-and-daughter-camping-fine-upheld

actually nothing to do with camping, but squatting in squallor and breaching the health act

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 pm

That is strange, there are lierally thousands of people squatting in squaler in WA as well as other states and they don't get a mention.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly_Dirt Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 pm

If they were living in such poor conditions, and one would assume it was not by choice, how the heck does the Judge expect an 80 year old mother, and daughter, each to pay the $132,950 fine Question

Or maybe, he knew that they wouldn't be able to pay and wanted to treat them to a couple of years in prison, with running water, flushing loo, hot showers, warm beds, three meals and day and colour TV. cheers

Fly_Dirt
Fly_Dirt
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:25 pm

And the Presiding Judge ?

The Right Honorable Judge Birdman llb,fos,fith.

Rumour has it that the defendants were ex Eastern Staters

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:38 am

hehehe. why is almost every topic on this forum turned humorous? Laughing
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:14 am

Well

Here we go again......

Poor old "birdman" . he said this and he said that.... look at the poop he has created between us prospectors, east/west/nth/sth
we are all in this game for the same reasons and i personally welcome all prospectors into my camp fire
for a yarn and a beer whether i'm out the back of Wedderburn or up the Palmer or even over here in
My OWN state Western oz, ME thinks "birdy" is probably a decent bloke that is totally fed up with ppl
invading his patch that he actually has PAID fo,r and i reckon i would be pissed too if i had a lease and
robbers snatched the gold.
Like i reckon it would be like waking up at 3am and there is a strange rough lookin bloke diggin
holes in me yard in the middle of suburbia, but i aint even got gold in me yard so imagine if
you had gold in ya front yard and this was YOUR frontyard.
I dont agre with the method of "birdy" but i DO understand his plight as a OZZY gold lease holder.

Anyway hope you all have a great new year and get
a few heavy DABS in 2011..

Pete in WA Cool

Mate there are better and bigger things to worry bout over here (WA)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:48 am

Gday

I think that they havent given up the whole story as yet, for a start it mentions that the house had been demolished, and they were living in a caravan on the property, so you assume the land still belongs to them, so why was the house demolished?, was it demolished for the same reason because it became uninhabitable due to the way they were living?

I have seen first hand people that live in that way, and their homes are unbelievably disgusting, but in all fairness its their way and their choice, there are people in every neighbourhood in Australia that live that way in their own homes and they are largely ignored by the system, I dont doubt that there are people living in vans out in the bush, not even on their own land that live the same way, these people have been targeted and its probably been an on going issue and the powers that be have most likely had enough of trying to sort them out.

You would have to wonder why a judge would award such high fines to people if he didnt think that they have the capacity to pay them, he must think they have the means to do so, if they dont then they would have to sell the land to raise the money, then its problem solved, they are off the property and the mess has gone, then they will be forced to move on out of the area I guess and it will become someone elses issue not theirs.

Looks as though the basics of the story have been over dramatised by a enthuisiastic journalist but the facts and underlying issues have been left out, at first glance the story appears like anyone can get busted and heavily fined for living in a van in the bush, I suppose we are all guilty of living in sub standard conditions in the bush particularly if you are in a camper trailer, without running water, no dunny, too much beer in the fridge, flies everywhere, making too much noise, and bodily functions that can be heard by the people in the next camp who wave back to you.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:52 pm

stayyerAU wrote:
Gday

I think that they havent given up the whole story as yet, for a start it mentions that the house had been demolished, and they were living in a caravan on the property, so you assume the land still belongs to them, so why was the house demolished?, was it demolished for the same reason because it became uninhabitable due to the way they were living?

I have seen first hand people that live in that way, and their homes are unbelievably disgusting, but in all fairness its their way and their choice, there are people in every neighbourhood in Australia that live that way in their own homes and they are largely ignored by the system, I dont doubt that there are people living in vans out in the bush, not even on their own land that live the same way, these people have been targeted and its probably been an on going issue and the powers that be have most likely had enough of trying to sort them out.

You would have to wonder why a judge would award such high fines to people if he didnt think that they have the capacity to pay them, he must think they have the means to do so, if they dont then they would have to sell the land to raise the money, then its problem solved, they are off the property and the mess has gone, then they will be forced to move on out of the area I guess and it will become someone elses issue not theirs.

Looks as though the basics of the story have been over dramatised by a enthuisiastic journalist but the facts and underlying issues have been left out, at first glance the story appears like anyone can get busted and heavily fined for living in a van in the bush, I suppose we are all guilty of living in sub standard conditions in the bush particularly if you are in a camper trailer, without running water, no dunny, too much beer in the fridge, flies everywhere, making too much noise, and bodily functions that can be heard by the people in the next camp who wave back to you.

cheers

stayyerAU

Christ!! I'm not camping near you!!!!!!!! you keep your bodily functions to your self!!

Happy New Year guys bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by gollstar on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

western australian pair cop 266k fine for camping in WA Empty re illegal camping

Post  evan2010 Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:17 pm

From what I have read in the West Australian Newspaper lately They do indeed own the land but lost the house to a fire some time back. They must not have been insured as they couldnt afford to rebuild forcing them to live in a caravan. But under the (Wa) caravan parks act it is illegal to live in a van outside a cvan park. Plus there were other issues involved such as dozens of cats both live and dead on the property, lots of rubbish etc etc. I believe the heavy fines were applied due to non compliance to the many clean up orders given over a cpl of years. Also its a pretty handy way of solving the problem by forcing them to sell the land to pay the fines.
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Explorer.
What Judge in what court would say that, sounds like **** to me. Nothing about others trespassing only eastern states, now I know you are full of it.
Greg.

Greg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Does Explorer = Birdman??? clown
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:55 pm

I only post what i read in WA newspapers. Oh i forgot they are owned by easterners now ( Kerry Stokes).

Me and Birdman are best mates ( he is going to take me to that secret nugget spot he just found in WA. Aren't u birdman old mate.!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:50 pm

explorer wrote:I only post what i read in WA newspapers. Oh i forgot they are owned by easterners now ( Kerry Stokes).

Me and Birdman are best mates ( he is going to take me to that secret nugget spot he just found in WA. Aren't u birdman old mate.!!!)

Explorer,
you said best mates I think relations. Very Happy
Greg

Greg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down