Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

goldfield rubbish

+3
Reg Wilson
Axtyr
tirp56
7 posters

Go down

goldfield rubbish Empty goldfield rubbish

Post  tirp56 Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:25 pm

hi guys and girls, just got back from tibooburra,and i just cant believe the amount of drink cans and water bottles and other rubbish that people are still discarding on the goldfields,just remember people that apart from the common around tibooburra the rest of the area is privately owned ,and when you are barred from going onto these properties, dont start whinging,because it will be your own fault.Not only that the amount of unfilled holes is another concern ,not only there but everywhere else as well,i well and truly got sick of filling in holes it was silly,if you cant be buggered doing the right thing i think it is time you found something else to do,because the people that try and do the right thing will be penalised by your selfish actions...mt brown and mt poole are prime examples

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

ivanll, Reg Wilson and pablop like this post

Back to top Go down

goldfield rubbish Empty Re: goldfield rubbish

Post  Axtyr Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:11 am

Well done Tirp56 for highlighting the problem.

The dumping of rubbish is everywhere and it is a disgrace that people can't be bothered taking it home with them.
As for filling in your holes, they go to the trouble of digging the hole but are just too lazy to take the meagre amount of time it takes to push the dirt back in.

It's a shame that people have the mentality that they see nothing wrong with what they are doing. It would be nice if we knew who they were then we could dump rubbish on, and dig up their front yard and see how the like it.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Reg Wilson and pablop like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:39 am

The last time I went to the Coiltek test site near Maryborough I noticed someone had stuffed a used nappy into a hollow tree stump. Disgusting.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:29 pm

I've lost track of the number of times I've had to backfill someone else's left open holes, whilst detecting. A 5 minute hole only takes about 10 seconds scrape of ones boot in order to have it backfilled.
Lets get one thing straight here, the bush is neither our own home or back yard to do with as we wish, it belongs to a number of different species of animals & one wouldn't leave holes open in ones own back yard, so why leave such the like out bush? Besides, what example does when set up for another, by leaving junk & open detector holes every where one goes? Shocked
For the sake of all animals that inhabit such areas of scrub/bush, not alone our own, leave the bush as natural as one finds it & do the right thing by backfilling your holes & disposing of ones rubbish appropriately. V02
On another note, the number of old bed mattresses, sofas & or washing machines etc etc, I have seen dumped by the side of an old bush track around Bendigo, has left me dumb founded. Shocked The ones dumping such waste, (instead of having them properly disposed of at their local tip), just brings despair & aggravation to a whole new level.
When council rates go up because of such atrocities, then the ones dumping of such rubbish, have only got themselves to blame hey?
Shame that because of such few imbeciles, constantly doing the wrong thing, the innocent end up paying the same price as that of the guilty.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:39 pm

Problem is that those doing the dumping are unlikely to be members of any forum and so will not read any of this.
As for the cans and bottles and dirty nappies; well in a hundred years bottle collectors will be finding the bottles and cans and be taking them home to place on a shelf as a display as artifacts of the history of our times in the gold fields and the area will be declared as heritage listed.
 The nappies will have rotted into the ground and fed some ants and other beetles.
Also the junk left behind by the greens and other lazy dead heads of today will never be anywhere near as much as what the old timers of  yesteryear left in the gold fields.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Q07 Q07
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4357
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:40 am

Adrian, in typical fashion you can't help but have a stupid dig at the 'greens', over leaving waste, probably the least likely people to do so. Some times you appear to be as thick as three short planks.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:58 pm

Adrian, not wanting to pick sides here, but lets stick to the facts & not throw out some absurd comments/statements regarding that of who might such culprits of dumping rubbish or not backfilling their detector holes be.
Regardless of whether or not a person belongs to a detecting forum, political or religious forum, does not give anyone the right to treat the environment with disrespect.
A little thoughtful common sense applies here, (although common sense I'm starting to believe, is more a gift given to the few & not the many) leave the scrub/bush one camps in or detects over, rubbish free, with detector holes backfilled. Treat the environment as you would like to be treated yourself. This is not to much to ask from any one of us.

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:35 am

Sorry I spoke. Lets all vote Green at the next state and federal elections. We all love all Greens they are just sooooo level minded
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:11 pm

Kindly keep your prejudices to yourself Adrian. You do little for this forum with your snide remarks. If you were half as smart as you perceive yourself to be you would never have bought an Infinium, and then gone on to sing the praises of one of the worst detectors ever built. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, and not the worlds best detector operator.

The words, conservative and conservation are both derived from the word conserve, although they are perceived by many to be total opposites. Considerate and conscientious prospectors are conservationists by nature, leaving only carefully filled in holes and the odd boot print when they leave their area of endeavours. They are aware of not only the terrain but also the native flora and fauna that rely on the habitat for survival, and they treat the environment with the awe and respect that it deserves.
The problem people are those that treat the bush as they please, regardless of the negative impact of their visit. They seem to consider it their right to treat public land as they would most likely never treat their own private property. (there are exceptions of course, as we've all seen)

Derogatory and generalised labelling of people who care about the environment is hardly helpful in insuring that we have a future in the bush as prospectors. All sorts of humanity swing detectors with varying results, but it is hoped that the bush will weave its magic on visitors who will see the wisdom of leaving it just as they found it.

My own relationship with the bush is that of a practicing conservationist. If that draws me a label, so be it.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:29 pm

Like I said;
Sorry I spoke.
.Sorry I expressed an opinion and sorry for taking up space and breathing air that would be better used by opposite minded people.
EF everything
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:52 pm

C'mon gents, to think we haven't enough problems going on within our own society not to mention the world in general, than bickering with one another over arguments that lead to nothing more than frustration between one another. Let it go fellas & lets get back on track.
I'm sure we all have enough on our plate with life's problems to contend with, than argue for the sake of argument alone.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Reg Wilson and pablop like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:24 pm

(Quote)  “You do little for this forum with your snide remarks”

Adrian, I do not always agree with some of your views that at times can seem to be a little out there!  Smile  However, those views do stimulate conversation and get a reaction (as I’m sure they’re sometimes intended to do). Without input, the forum will stagnate.

In all the years that I have followed this forum, I cannot recall you having made a personal attack on another member or felt the need to “bang your own drum”.

Keep up the good work!

Pebbles
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-06-04

bicter, pablop and xmas tree like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:53 am

pebbles. Them that 'toss a hand grenade' as a bait to get a bite get exactly that. Your contribution of 76 posts since 2010 does not exactly set a record, but perhaps your latest contribution is a turning point. I look forward to reading further offerings.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:59 pm

And on that note fella's we'll call it a day.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down