Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Who Invented The Boomerang??

2 posters

Go down

So Who Invented The Boomerang?? Empty So Who Invented The Boomerang??

Post  adrian ss Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:02 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/10/13/science/science-watch-puzzling-boomerang.html

When I was Kid about 8yrs old I spent my weekly allowance savings on a boomerang from an aborigine in the Hermannsburg Mission. It was advertised in "Australian Post" magazine that Dad bought fairly regularly....For the stories not the girlie Pics. Smile  Cost 10 shillings which was a hell of a lot in those days for a kid.
   I asked for a Returning Boomerang; He sent a Hunting Boomer and said that the returning type were a toy for  their kids to practice with.

He said that they only used two types Killing and Hunting boomerangs.  The killing boomerang had a large sharpish hook on one end that was used a bit like a sword during tribal fights and wars.

This is the one that I still have.
The larger boomer is the hunting one and is a tad over 2 foot long and is carved from mulga wood..The chip on the end is the result of me trying to throw it like a returning type...Well I was only 8. Rolling Eyes

So Who Invented The Boomerang?? Rscn5810
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

So Who Invented The Boomerang?? Empty Re: So Who Invented The Boomerang??

Post  Bungarra1 Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:20 pm

Don't know but I bet they said WTF (or equivalent) when it come back and hit em....

Bungarra1
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2021-10-23

Back to top Go down

So Who Invented The Boomerang?? Empty Re: So Who Invented The Boomerang??

Post  adrian ss Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:35 pm

Q35 Q35
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum