Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from the UK

2 posters

Go down

Hi from the UK Empty Hi from the UK

Post  Shane cook Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:22 pm

Hiya everyone. Iv'e decided to give prospecting a go and want to spend around a year or so at the least giving it a shot. I have the finances to support such a trip and am looking for advice on the very best deep metal detectors to use and what ltr car I should buy. I am thinking of bringing over a 3,2ltr double cab pickup, Ford Ranger. Will this be suitable? I have zero experience in this at all so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane cook
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-06-17

Back to top Go down

Hi from the UK Empty Re: Hi from the UK

Post  moredeep Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Shane, wow that's a big trip planned.
I'm not sure of the cost of transporting a car from England would be? As long as it is a 4wd with a winch and a few spares you should do alright.
As we always say research research and you guessed it research.
As to which detector that's simple here in oz, minelab pulse inductions, gpz 7000 or gpx series 6000,5000,4500.
Plus there is plenty of info on outback survival, weather is a big factor, detecting in WA in the summer is not recommended.

Good luck with it all.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Shane cook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane cook Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 pm

I believe it will cost about £2500 to ship it out, not sure on what taxes I will have to pay on it though as it would be a new purchase so I will not have owned it for 12 months. The cost of the vehicle is £15k

Shane cook
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:15 pm

I'm not sure if you will have to apply for vehicle certification[ identification plates, was also known as compliance plates]
Good luck with it all, and as we know red tape can be a real turn off.

cheers    moredeep

MVSA 1989—Part 3: Certification and Approval
Before a road vehicle can be registered for the first time in Australia it must meet the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989 (the Act), which applies to new and used imported vehicles and locally manufactured vehicles. The Act requires vehicles to meet the national standards covering safety and emission requirements known as the Australian Design Rules (ADRs). When a new vehicle has been certified as meeting the ADRs it can be fitted with an identification plate. The fitment of an identification plate is mandatory under the Act, and it indicates to the registering authority that the vehicle meets all the required ADRs.
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Shane cook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum