Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-Coil on its way at last.

3 posters

Go down

X-Coil on its way at last. Empty X-Coil on its way at last.

Post  Scrubby Sun May 23, 2021 10:49 pm

G`day peoples,
I ordered a 12 inch spiral round X-Coil to suit my GPX 4500 on the X-Coil web site back in about the middle of April payed for via palpay.
Because info from their web site said something about it can take 2 weeks or so to be delivered I didn`t bother checking on it until a couple of days after the 2 weeks were up.
Well apparently they had been attempting to contact me as they had already sent the coil to some address they found on an old palpay site that somehow was linked to me, the email address was an old one that I changed from 10 or more years ago and no longer valid.
When we eventually sorted everything out they informed me that they had since sold my coil and no longer had that particular model coil in stock and they had refunded my money into palpay.
Well after many inquiries later I decided to buy another x-coil but the 15" x 10" spiral which apparently is identical to the 12" round except for shape. This coil is due to be delivered around the 2nd of June.
If there is someone that has the 15" x 10" I would be interested to receive any info re performance or settings etc.

Thanks in advance, Scrubby.

Scrubby
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2018-05-22

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

X-Coil on its way at last. Empty Re: X-Coil on its way at last.

Post  Kon61gold Tue May 25, 2021 10:58 am

G'day Scrubby, welcome to the forum

Glad it all worked out for you in the end. Did you have a read in the "All about coils section" X-Coils 15X10 inch performance? Even though the testing done is based on the GPZ 7000,  It just might help give you some sort of Idea, of what I thought about the 15X10 inch elliptical spiral performance & what you could expect to see in way of performance on the GPX 4500.
Settings on any coil pretty much depend on what the ground conditions allow & or what the operator can or cannot tolerate in way of ground noise.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrubby Wed May 26, 2021 7:31 pm

Admin. Move this post if it should be in "Coils" please.

A bit of info from the manufacturers about the availability of the X-Coil 12" round spiral coil to suit the GPX detectors.

"The 15x10" is just as sensitive as 12" yet has good coverage for finding a patch. 15x10" are in stock. The 12" will be quite a while off yet before it goes into production, at the moment we are having trouble keeping up with GPZ Concentric coil orders with demand very high so priority has been put into making them before making any more batches of GPX Coils."

www.x-coils.com

Scrubby

Scrubby
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrubby Thu May 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Thanks Kon.

The 15" x 10" arrived today, a week earlier than expected, so it`s all good now.
I`m charging the 4500 up now getting ready to test it.

Scrubby.

Scrubby
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  delete52 Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:39 am

Hi Scrubby how did the xcoil go on the 4500 thinking i get one for the wifey?

delete52
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-06

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrubby Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:29 pm

delete52,
I`ve only been out once for about an hour and half to tune it in, went to a local patch that has been flogged and it was easy to set , it was very quiet until it was on a target then I reckoned I had found something the size of a jam tin, lol, it was a 22 bullet down about three inches. I ended up with one bit of lead shot, a piece of brass bullet shell and several small pieces of rusty tin.
I am itching to get out again but the weather has been bad and the CEO keeps wanting other jobs done.
For the limited time trying it I reckon its pretty good, expensive but good.

Scrubby

Scrubby
New Poster
New Poster

moredeep and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down