Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Z Serch coil

4 posters

Go down

Z Serch coil Empty Z Serch coil

Post  Sparrowfart Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:39 am

HI all,
I'm waiting for my new n.f. Z serch. I am on the waiting list, I just couldn't bring myself to mess with my Z's plug and get an X coil. Just couldn't do it. But I felt the weight of a Z with a Z serch on it at Coiltech last week and it just feels right. You know how that feels sometimes.
I can't wait to get out there and give it a go. They look good on U-Tube. bounce
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Z Serch coil Empty Re: Z Serch coil

Post  Kon61gold Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:10 am

Nothing wrong in your way of thinking sparrowfart. When & if you get the chance to compare it to the standard 14X13, let us know your thoughts on it.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

ChetB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:51 am

Hi Kon, I intend to take it up to Tibooburra as soon as I get it, so I will let you all know how it goes. Personally I have high hopes.
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:43 am

Will be following with interest.

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Z Serch coil Empty Z Serch coil

Post  Sparrowfart Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:04 am

Picked up my new Zserch coil yesterday from Coiltek. I took it out behind the town for a quick go for an hour. I didn't find any gold however I didn't really expect to but I did find a fair bit of junk, not all of which was on the surface. My initial observation is that it is very stable and the signals it gives are more predictable than the minlab OE coil, the weight is noticably lighter and I found it a dream to use. I don't see me taking it off again untill NF make a bigger one. So I guess I am a happy camper! I will cart it off to Tibooburra in a week or so and give it a good workout. I'll let you know how it goes. bounce bounce
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

kiwijw, AnnieL, joe82, hiluxer, moredeep and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:16 pm

Thanks for the update Sparrowfart. If you do get the chance, do let us know your thoughts on how it compares/performs on the gold over that of the 14X13 cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:09 am

Only did 3 days of detecting at Tib but got a good feel for it. It is more sensitive then the standard coil finding smaller gold than I usually would have. I averaged .45G per day and the wife averaged about . 55 with the SDC. Gold is quite a bit harder to find than previous years there. It seems to be at least as good on larger targets as the OE coil at Stawell in Vic finding gold at depth much the same as the old one did. So overall it's ability is a slight inprovment. I find it's noises are easier to interpret, so much similar to the SDC that I am able to detect with more confidence than before. Also the lighter coil ballances beautifully on the detector and does not make my arm tired. I had not realized that the old one was "coil heavy", but it seems the case. It looks to me to be a bit better at pinpointing which is a winner too. Strong, well made, overall an excellent coil and a good move on my part. I am quite happy with it. Definitely a winner. Very Happy
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:53 pm

How did the country around Tibooburra look after all the rain out that way...... do you think much soil got moved around potentially making the nuggets easier to find Smile
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi bicter, the hills are green!! Looks weird, there is a bit more foliage everywhere and it is perhaps a little more difficult to detect, but still doable. I didn't see much evedence of soil movement but you would think that there has been a bit with all that rain. The weather was mild and detecting was a plesure.
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

bicter likes this post

Back to top Go down