Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEPARTMENT OF MINES, INDUSTRY REGULATION AND SAFETY,OF WA

3 posters

Go down

DEPARTMENT OF MINES, INDUSTRY REGULATION AND SAFETY,OF WA Empty DEPARTMENT OF MINES, INDUSTRY REGULATION AND SAFETY,OF WA

Post  moredeep Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:02 pm

I was a little disappointed in the latest gem and treasure mag, JUNE 2019 EDITION ,page 14
"SEVEN GOLDEN RULES CAMPAIGN TARGETS PROSPECTING SAFETY" SUGGESTED BY DMIRS WA
NUMBER 1 put safety first [SPOT ON] water, fuel ,maps, first aid, and PLB.
THE OTHER 6 GOLDEN RULES DON'T RELATE TO SAFTEY AT ALL[I THOUGHT],ONLY TO LEGAL AND ETHICAL PROSPECTING.
NUMBER 2,OBTAIN MINERS RIGHT
NUMBER 3 OBTAIN 40E
NUMBER 4 OBTAIN WRITTEN PERMISSION
NUMBER 5 COMPLY WITH LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
NUMBER 6 SHOW REPECT ON CROWN LAND,
NUMBER 7, REPAIR YOUR GROUND.
Although you might put your self in danger from upsetting a lease holder or pastoralist or getting a $150,000 fine Laughing

This is a great magazine which I enjoy each month but feel it was a missed opportunity to highlight several survival techniques that are needed if you do get lost.
I'm normally not pedantic but when it comes to ones safety it's a different story.
i.e. stay put once you realize you are lost
light a fire,
make a shelter,
how to survive an angry camel attack?
activate your PLB [if you have one] etc. etc.
There are many upon many handy tips to help the novice and not so novice to survive if lost.
Any thing that will help a fellow newbie prospector survive a life threatening situation lost in the bush is paramount .

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

DEPARTMENT OF MINES, INDUSTRY REGULATION AND SAFETY,OF WA Empty Re: DEPARTMENT OF MINES, INDUSTRY REGULATION AND SAFETY,OF WA

Post  rockhunter62 Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Although I haven't been getting the Gold, Gem & Treasure magazine anymore I would think that they were just trying to reiterate DMIRS's 7 Golden Rules because this is the period of mass migration from the Eastern States to WA to try their luck finding gold in WA.
Perhaps you could write an article about safety in the outback for publishing in the magazine if you are concerned that this mass migration will cause heartache for some.
Like the magazine, I too would like this mass migration to be fully aware of the 7 Golden Rules for prospecting in WA. I know that not all of these visitors do the wrong thing but there seems to be quite a lot who don't come prepared or are ignorant and down right arrogant about the legal requirements when prospecting in WA. The Mines Dept are cracking down on illegal prospecting this year so be advised.
Please come to WA and enjoy what this vast state offers but please do the right thing.
Happy prospecting.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

DEPARTMENT OF MINES, INDUSTRY REGULATION AND SAFETY,OF WA Empty Re: DEPARTMENT OF MINES, INDUSTRY REGULATION AND SAFETY,OF WA

Post  tony p Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 am

Moredeep...write an article...well worth it.

Rockhunter...sorry mate...Mines Dept don't give a rats about poachers.

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:57 am

Might get bear grylls onto this one Laughing
People who don't abide by the seven golden rules shouldn't bother going.
There are unfortunately a few fellow interstate prospectors who are quite happy to crap in our neighbors backyard.
And people who don't prepare shouldn't bother going either, plenty of survival hints and techniques now on you tube .

CHEERS MOREDEEP
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:58 pm

It's not a 't'other siders problem Moredeep....it's a people problem and the poachers come from the West as well.

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Very true tony, I experience it every day here in central vic, prospectors are happy to soil their own bed as well,
I find rubbish and unfilled holes DAILY!!! Mad Mad Mad

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:26 pm

I totally agree with both you Tony and Moredeep. Q33

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down