Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tibbuburra june 2019, who will be there

4 posters

Go down

Tibbuburra  june 2019, who will be there Empty Tibbuburra june 2019, who will be there

Post  Travelergold Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi, just wondering if any members will be in tibbuburra this month?

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Tibbuburra  june 2019, who will be there Empty Re: Tibbuburra june 2019, who will be there

Post  Guest Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm

Travelergold wrote:Hi, just wondering if any members will be in tibbuburra this month?

Good luck Wally, travel safe, we missed you as we are past there now. Very Happy we will stay in touch with you though. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Tibbuburra  june 2019, who will be there Empty Re: Tibbuburra june 2019, who will be there

Post  boobook Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:51 am

We are here right now. Been camped out at Gum Vale, good looking ground but much of it deep. Pulled a .34gm. from about 20cm., gravels all the way.
In Tib for shopping, back on the field tomorrow.
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:33 am

G'day Mike n Chris

Good luck out there, have fun and stay safe, if you see Travelergold (Wally) and his mrs say hello they are great people.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:58 am

G'day Dave & Veronica.
Thought we would have a shorter distance excursion this winter, off to the UK end Aug. Had to get away though, GI have had -10's already!
Amazing geology of this region, I think the sheets of quartz cobbles covering the slopes and flats are eroded down from ice age glacial actitity. Like you with the tektites, we pick up an occasional perfectly rounded and polished bit of quartz as if it had been in a tumbler for a million years.
When you came through here, you would have noticed the result of the drought.....kangaroo carcasses everywhere.
Not a bad place for wind and flies either.
Cheers M & C

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 am

Yes Mike, your right about the geology of the area it is truly amazing and spectacular, we always enjoy going there.

And yes the results of the drought are plain to see, gotta wonder where the greenies were, certainly not out there helping those poor helpless roos thats for sure.

Enjoy your time there and have a great UK trip as well

cheers dave n veronica

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:01 am

Is Tibbuburra really worth the trip. Seems a long way to go to find bugger all??
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:35 am

Adrian, we have always dione well there. They may be mostly small, but they all add up.
And what a nice place to spend some time.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:27 am

I would think that Tibbuburra is better than Canberra any time of the year, gold or not.

Cheers

Does
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:08 am

Yes I will agree that Canberra is a sterile city without character. It is rapidly becoming a city of apartments and supermarkets.
The land is Lease Hold but we still pay the same price for house and land as those who live elsewhere who buy Free Hold.
There is graffiti everywhere, brothels are legal and the place is chockers with drugs.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:20 am

Travelergold wrote:Adrian, we have always dione well there. They may be mostly small, but they all add up.
And what a nice place to spend some time.

I guess you are correct but it is a long way to go for me.I doubt that I could justify doing the trip.
I do know that the time that I spent in the Katherine and Tennant Creek region of the NT was enough to make me not want to leave.... But here I am. Crying or Very sad
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down