Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

+8
gollstar
Redfin
Kon61gold
Nightjar
rockhunter62
adrian ss
ozgold 041
producer
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS Empty AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

Post  producer Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Do you live, breath and dream gold prospecting? Is it how you make your living? Aussie Gold Hunters – as seen on Discovery Channel - are looking for new gold hungry crews to appear in Season 5.

If this sounds like you, please send a photo or a short one minute video and a couple of paragraphs about you (and your gold hunting partners if you work in a team) including age, experience and details of your gold dream to Diana.pepper@electricpictures.com.au by the 5th April 2019.

Regards

Diana
producer
producer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2016-07-26

Back to top Go down

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS Empty AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

Post  ozgold 041 Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi Diana.

I hear the next series starts on the 2nd of May 19.

This includes a new team, called "The Victorian Diggers".

Regards ozgold 041

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS Empty Re: AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:18 am

So they found a nice 2.5kg nugg in the Triangle.
Was on tv this morning. Showed the nugg being located and then nice and clean. So I guess they found it a fair while ago.Takes time to eat the qtz away. Nice nugg though.
Out of a deep hole dug with an expensive digger.
Reckoned it was found near where the Welcome Stranger was found.??.......Looked more like the area of the Poseidon Lead to me, but then it is 20 years since I was there so I might be wrong....It has been known to happen. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS Empty Re: AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

Post  rockhunter62 Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:45 am

Yes but would you beleive anything you see on the tv this morning? What a Face

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Not a lot.
90% BS and the rest is total crap. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Sorry, don't wish to spoil.................................

Last edited by Nightjar on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Gentlemen, could we please stick to the main topic discussion?

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:02 am

It was found on the Old German lead Dunolly a few months ago. But they were asked by the producers of the show not to announce it until now, for the lead up to this years Aussie Prospectors show. I've know about the find for a few months now.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:44 am

Like I said. Nice nugget. Looks to have been reasonably deep so it might be a fair bet that there is more in the area.
I assume the digger is on hire and a nugg like that one might not be a "Welcome Stranger" but it would be a welcome sight.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Have been watching the work put in with interest, it's just down the road from my place and drive past often.
They sure moved a lot of dirt.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:48 am

Wombat wrote:It was found on the Old German lead Dunolly a few months ago. But they were asked by the producers of the show not to announce it until now, for the lead up to this years Aussie Prospectors show. I've know about the find for a few months now.
wombat Wink

Is the German Lead in the German Gully gold Diggings?
I understand that prospecting is prohibited on the German gully Diggings?
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:17 am

Is private property, was sold about 30 months ago.
AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS Captur12
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:00 am

An interesting Pic. Wink
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:45 am

The Google Earth image show's the first area worked by another guy, Neville and Mick are working to the left and down near where the two gullies form into one.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:38 am

gollstar wrote:The Google Earth image show's the first area worked by another guy, Neville and Mick are working to the left and down near where the two gullies form into one.

Charlies Gully then, they have a lot of land still to work then.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Very easy to see where the old leads are.

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS Rscn0119

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS Rscn0120
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS Empty Well that really helped

Post  Jag49 Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Guess the producers must be really thrilled
with the response to their request .....
as Kon mentioned somewhere along the line "stick to the topic".
too many too easily sidetracked.

Jag49
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  shire of boulder Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:54 pm

now that you mention getting side tracked, have you seen the new Marvel comics movie? its very good

shire of boulder
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:06 am

Q28  Q34

Q29  ( puts self in the naughty corner )

Back to Topic

producer wrote:Hi everyone,

Do you live, breath and dream gold prospecting? Is it how you make your living? Aussie Gold Hunters – as seen on Discovery Channel - are looking for new gold hungry crews to appear in Season 5.

If this sounds like you, please send a photo or a short one minute video and a couple of paragraphs about you (and your gold hunting partners if you work in a team) including age, experience and details of your gold dream to Diana.pepper@electricpictures.com.au by the 5th April 2019.

Regards

Diana

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:43 am

they are a very easy going bunch a fair bit of FNQ activity ahead Cool Cool Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:53 am

hmmmm......so you pay people 5k an episode...thats 50k a year.....30oz a year for the hassle of being responsible for a film crew on site, and being made the butt of all jokes in the prospecting world...hmmm not enough.

Tell you what Diana, Lisa and I will do it....200k a year (each) , no scripting, no direction, safety inductions and procedures to be followed, basically
you can follow us around on site. whatchya reckon Diana??

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:23 am

I reckon if I could afford the equipment those blokes are using to find their gold I would not need to be looking for gold.....I wonder if the Chinese are watching the show?
     That said; I sure would like to be out there with them, however that is out of my league these days being old and decrepit now. Sad
The average gold prospector on this forum and others can only dream of that kind of gold hunting as they tramp through the bush with their second hand 4500 or Gold Bug, TDI or maybe an Aldi special. searching for sub gram tiddlers and hoping for a Welcome Stranger......Well rich or poor large or small, you will not find anything if you do not go and give it a burl.

Last edited by adrian ss on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:48 am

adrian ss wrote:I reckon if I could afford the equipment those blokes are using to find their gold I would not need to be looking for gold.....I wonder if the Chinese are watching the show?
     Rolling Eyes

Adrian, At least we are living in the REAL world enjoying what we are doing without all the b******t and misleading information. The Chinese are too smart to fall for this!
Read recently a story about someone new to prospecting selling up everything and heading West to make their fortune. Shocked

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:42 am

Wowzers!! Oh well maybe he just wants to get out of the rat race. There is still gold out there in the Never Never and is not all that deep. I hope he has done some serious research. Wink....lest he becomes another lost prospector.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:28 am

Nightjar wrote:
adrian ss wrote:I reckon if I could afford the equipment those blokes are using to find their gold I would not need to be looking for gold.....I wonder if the Chinese are watching the show?
     Rolling Eyes

Adrian, At least we are living in the REAL world enjoying what we are doing without all the b******t and misleading information. The Chinese are too smart to fall for this!
Read recently a story about someone new to prospecting selling up everything and heading West to make their fortune. Shocked

We may disagree on some things Peter....but I'm with you 100% on this one.

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:55 am

I reckon I have pretty much done my dash in the gold fields but I sure did enjoy my time. I did not find a monster nugget and the flies, snakes, spiders, ants and occasional wild dog were totally overpowered by the serenity and peace of being in the bush. Whether I was down in a gully panning a creek or out in the hot and dry, I would do it all again in a heart beat given a second chance.The only thing I might change is that I would stay out there, especially If I had known that one day I was going to end up in Canberra....Give me Camp Fire any day.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:28 pm

adrian ss wrote:I reckon I have pretty much done my dash in the gold fields but I sure did enjoy my time. I did not find a monster nugget and the flies, snakes, spiders, ants and occasional wild dog were totally overpowered by the serenity and peace of being in the bush. Whether I was down in a gully panning a creek or out in the hot and dry, I would do it all again in a heart beat given a second chance.The only thing I might change is that I would stay out there, especially If I had known that one day I was going to end up in Canberra....Give me Camp Fire any day.

One of the reasons Lisa and I do what we do Adrian....life is all too short. My Dads time in the bush has well and truly finished, but he is still involved.
Regular phone calls and plenty of pics etc, he may not be out 'doing it' but he is still very much apart of prospecting.....your active on here Adrian and quick to help newchums with info etc....I would say your still very much a part of prospecting.

cheers

Tony

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:07 pm

OMG!! I am still wanted. bounce
Thanks mate I needed that.
Cheers. Q11
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:29 pm

adrian ss wrote:I reckon I have pretty much done my dash in the gold fields but I sure did enjoy my time. I did not find a monster nugget and the flies, snakes, spiders, ants and occasional wild dog were totally overpowered by the serenity and peace of being in the bush. Whether I was down in a gully panning a creek or out in the hot and dry, I would do it all again in a heart beat given a second chance.

Adrian, Took this road so many years ago and I still carry my "lucky nugget" (2g, given to me by Bill & Nancy) two prospectors gave me this gold so I would know what natural gold, just out of the ground, looked like.
I remember we were holed up at Chesterfield/Meekatharra because a severe thunderstorm locked us in.
Bill's words of wisdom back then were: "Don't let gold fever consume you, enjoy the ride, and look around it is a wonderful world out there."
And your words ring true Adrian; "serenity and peace of being in the bush."

The bottom line is, so many get overwhelmed with greed and extreme expectations that they are going to pull a million $'s out of the ground when in reality it is very unlikely.

Enjoy the season everyone, it is a worthwhile day if you have something to weigh when you return to camp every day, even if it is a sub grammer.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:25 am

yes nightjar that is what drives me mate Very Happy

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next