Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)

+3
piston broke
big fella
nero_design
7 posters

Go down

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Empty EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)

Post  nero_design Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 pm

There's quite a multitude of food offerings coated in real gold these days as the trend of gold continues throughout the world's food establishments.  I thought some of the prospectors here might appreciate the eye-watering mouth-watering applications on offer ...  I know I'm drooling at those Chicken Wings... Since gold has no taste and no nutritional value, I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it? (Other than trying to clean a golden nugget from the dirt in your mouth).

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  The_bu10
The Burg-Khalifa at The Roadery.  

A restaurant in Chelsea has found a not-so-novel way to celebrate excess: by claiming to have created the world’s most expensive burger, embellished with gold leaf, lobster and caviar.

Priced at £1,100 (or £1237.50 with service), the burger took three weeks to develop and has been verified by Record Setter as the highest priced in the world, with each of the 14 listed ingredients - including salt and mayonnaise - costing around £78.50 each.

Honky Tonk restaurant in Chelsea, west London, added a multitude of expensive ingredients to the dish, christened ‘The Glamburger’, in order to justify the eye-watering price.

The meat itself consists of 220g of Kobe wagyu beef, minced with 60g of New Zealand venison to “balance the fat content”. At the centre is a black truffle Brie that will create a “liquid pocket” once it has been cooked. If that doesn’t sound like enough, the patty has been seasoned with Himalayan salt, served with a Canadian lobster poached in Iranian saffron.

Topping the meat is more meat: bacon coated with maple syrup, along with beluga caviar and a hickory smoked duck egg covered in gold leaf. The bun is seasoned with Japanese matcha, which is a kind of powdered green tea, and mayonnaise, and then also coated in gold leaf. The garnish is a mango and champagne jus with grated white truffle. The combination adds up to a total of 2,618 calories: more than the recommended daily intake for an adult.

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Burger10
Chelsea's £1,100 Golden GLAM-Burger.

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Goldco10
Gold Coated Egg Yolk for $285

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Elemen10
Element 79 Gold on 27's signature cocktail. alcohol-free sparkling wine + gold flakes, food coloring mixed with pure gold + golden sugar crystal

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  2000_p10
$2000 Pizza - squid ink dough and topped with Stilton cheese, edible 24-karat gold leaves, caviar, truffles, and foie gras! - from  'Industry Kitchen'

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  18051410
Gold Flaked Coffee in Dubai

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  You_ca10
You Can Order 24 Karat Gold Chicken Wings for $1,000 USD

Kim Kardashian confidant Jonathan Cheban has collaborated with US-based sports bar and lounge The Ainsworth on a new menu item of gold-covered chicken wings. The chicken wings are first soaked in coconut butter, chipotle and honey for 24 hours, then fried and dusted with 24 karat gold flakes.

The Foodgod 24 Karat Wings are available to order in three tiers: 10 wings for $30 USD, 20 wings for $60 USD or 50 wings and a bottle of Champagne Armand de Brignac for $1,000 USD. The Foodgod 24 Karat Wings will release as a permanent menu item at the Chelsea and East Village, Manhattan locations.

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  24_kar10
24 Karat, an Italian restaurant in Dubai's Marriott Hotel, offers an optional side of gold flakes across its entire menu - be it a burger, pizza, or salad

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Http--10
Gold flair on a strawberry is becoming standard in many restaurants in Europe and America

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  1000_c10
USD $1000 Cupcake

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Expens10
GLAMBURGER £1,100 and 2,618 calories

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  24-kar10
Gold leaf ice cream in Malaysia

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Kapi-110
Gold Coffee from Russia

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  The_2310
The 23 karat taco was created by popular Melbourne food truck La Revolucion. Owner Mariano Cingerle said he wanted to make a taco that 'hadn't been seen before'.

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Gold_l10
Gold leaf topping Kasutera sponge cake

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Gold_o10
GOLD ON SUSHI | Edible Loose Gold Leaves

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Oshibo10
Oshibori, Dundee | Edible Loose Gold Leaves on sushi

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  88706410
Gold Flakes on Coffee is almost a modern trend now.

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Food_f10
Food Finish Edible Paint - Frankfurters sprayed a different color can bring a new theme to a meal

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Golden11
Golden Age of the Doughnut - USA - Brooklyn - New York’s 'Manila Social Club' serving a Doughnut with 24 karat gold coating for $100 each or $1000 per dozen

In the 22 years I have been working in the field of nutrition, it never surprises me when the new fad comes out,” says registered dietitian Deborah Orlick Levy, a health and nutrition consultant for New Jersey–based health-foods company Carrington Farms. “People get bored with the same old foods and look for something new and exciting. This recent gold-laced food fad is no different. It seems there’s something sexy about eating food covered in gold — not to mention pricy — so people are curious to find out more. Edible gold might be an expensive treat, but it is safe to consume. However, there are no nutritional or health benefits associated with indulging in this extravagant food. Of course, you do gain bragging rights for being able to say you could afford to eat a $100 gold doughnut. But let’s not forget that although the gold in the doughnut is not going to hurt you, the saturated fat, trans fats, and unhealthy nutritional profile of the doughnut itself certainly could.”

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  06-gol10
Gold coated Macaroons from the USA.

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  13000_10
$13,000 Martini with Diamond - for those fed up with the Gold Trend.  The diamond is GIA certified and usually a 1 carat E-color brilliant-cut stone.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)  Empty Re: EDIBLE GOLD (tasty pictures)

Post  big fella Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Gday. Some nice looking food there. I have tried a few dishes with gold. If gold is on top its usually a fine restaurant with good food also enjoyed a few white wines with gold flakes. Very nice. Give it a go.
Regards big fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 am

If a stack of 1000 sheets of micron gold leaf, all stacked neatly together in one pile, is the same thickness as a typical piece of printing paper, it would cost around 10 to 15 cents a sheet, more than enough to cover that burger. This is where the the meaning "More money than sense" comes into to play, considering gold is both tasteless & non nutritional..
As usual where moneys no concern Nero, there's no limit to the stretch of ones imagination. If people have the money & want to pay for it, just so they could say I ate a $2000 dollar burger, by all means, may they enjoy their burger.
As for me, never tried it & even though it is within affordable reach for some, still not in my interest to, reason being, such thin light leaf gold. Mind you, I'd be more than happy to consume a $65 burger with a solid clean 23k 1 gram gold nugget placed on top of the burger, cause of the better resale value within the next 24hrs. Trying to pan off & recover 15+ cents worth of fine leaf micron gold the following day, is a lot of hard yakka. Shocked Q35
None the less Marco, both interesting write up, with top photography.  cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Thu May 17, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks for your delicious report Nero, very interesting. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 am

While its all very pretty and such, its just another case of the overindulgent rich snobs showing off by eating it and paying ridiculous prices for the experience, really its just a waste when millions around the world go hungry and we should remember also its not these rich snobby types of people who do the sweating and sometimes dying to get the gold in the first place, why would you want to eat gold anyway unless you are an Emu, we all know how smart they are No as they do that in the goldfields they eat rocks and sometimes even nuggets to help aid in digestion of their food, so if you find a sunbaker think first about this before you pop it in your gob to clean it, it could have dropped out of an Emu's bum. Suspect

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 am

For years I'v been trying to piece together where that extra flavour comes from au-fever & the answers been staring me in the face all along?  Shocked  Right, no more turkey for Christmas. It's Big Bird from now on. Q35

Cheers Kon. Q11 What a Face
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 am

I just ate my 1oz nugget Shocked gunna be hard passing that V11 tasty pics mate thanks for sharing

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh Sat May 19, 2018 8:51 am

Kon61gold wrote:If a stack of 1000 sheets of micron gold leaf, all stacked neatly together in one pile, is the same thickness as a typical piece of printing paper, it would cost around 10 to 15 cents a sheet, more than enough to cover that burger. This is where the the meaning "More money than sense" comes into to play, considering gold is both tasteless & non nutritional..
As usual where moneys no concern Nero, there's no limit to the stretch of ones imagination. If people have the money & want to pay for it, just so they could say I ate a $2000 dollar burger, by all means, may they enjoy their burger.
As for me, never tried it & even though it is within affordable reach for some, still not in my interest to, reason being, such thin light leaf gold. Mind you, I'd be more than happy to consume a $65 burger with a solid clean 23k 1 gram gold nugget placed on top of the burger, cause of the better resale value within the next 24hrs. Trying to pan off & recover 15+ cents worth of fine leaf micron gold the following day, is a lot of hard yakka. Shocked Q35
None the less Marco, both interesting write up, with top photography.  cheers

Cheers Kon. T25

Hey Kon if you follow one of those meals with a shot of hg that will solve the panning issue
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat May 19, 2018 8:30 pm

It is not that a good shot of Hg to top it all off, won't solve the micron gold panning issue koeh, but more the fact of trying to communicate with the wife straight after, through undergoing peripheral vision impairment, difficulty with speech & hearing, all whilst constantly twitching at the same time, might be a problem .Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh Mon May 21, 2018 8:59 am

She says I don't listen to her now, maybe I should move the vials of hg I have next to my bed or maybe not Very Happy
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri May 25, 2018 7:39 pm

unfortunately there are some poor beggars that do some kind of messy panning at the sewage farm Shocked
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down