Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tenements - Expired Gold mining Leases

2 posters

Go down

Tenements - Expired Gold mining Leases Empty Tenements - Expired Gold mining Leases

Post  flinktor Thu May 18, 2017 4:35 am

Hi all,

I am very new to prospecting, I don't even have the set of tools or equipment for prospecting. I thought I would do some homework before I hit the fields. So I was doing some research and I came across couple of areas around my town that are marked under "expired mining leases". Does that mean those areas are/were recognized for bearing gold? and if yes is it legal to prospect in those areas provided its not private property of course. And what are the odds.

Thanks in advance.

flinktor
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-05-18

Back to top Go down

Tenements - Expired Gold mining Leases Empty Re: Tenements - Expired Gold mining Leases

Post  Nightjar Thu May 18, 2017 8:52 am

Flinktoy,
Part of your research you would need to establish what was actually mined around your town, silver, lead & copper to meet a growing colonies demand opened many mining areas.
Also access would have to be determined when you research who owns it.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Tenements - Expired Gold mining Leases Empty Re: Tenements - Expired Gold mining Leases

Post  flinktor Thu May 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi nightjar,
It is marked as expired Gold mining lease.
And it is quiet a big area around the riverside.
Also it is a bit odd because it is no where near the golden triangle or Beechworth or Chiltern areas.

flinktor
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-05-18

Back to top Go down