Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Depth comparison between 14"GPZ coil and 19" GPZ coil. *** More Air tests Added***

+20
Fisherman
ozgold 041
kon61
Harb
corydale
Martin R
GPZhunter
llanbric
adrian ss
goldchaser
Philsgold
Reg Wilson
nero_design
vasilis
Jack outwest
alchemist
GypsyGoldAu
jasong
Ash100456
slimpickens
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Depth comparison between 14"GPZ coil and 19" GPZ coil.  *** More Air tests Added*** - Page 4 Empty Re: Depth comparison between 14"GPZ coil and 19" GPZ coil. *** More Air tests Added***

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:51 am

MBZed wrote:
Wombat wrote:the "Z' was only ever coming out with the one coil and that was the 14". It was only that everyone wanted a bigger coil that made Minelab start working on a 19" coil.
I don't think that's correct. It was always going to have more coils. This was from Minelab either just after or even might of been just prior to the GPZ7000 release:
Minelab wrote:
While the GPZ 7000 is supplied with the GPZ 14 Super-D coil, large and small accessory coils (purchased separately) will be available at a later date.

MbZed
OK mate I stand corrected. As I said I don't have a "Z''. And I didn't go right into it when they were releasing the machine because I knew I could not afford one anyway.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Depth comparison between 14"GPZ coil and 19" GPZ coil.  *** More Air tests Added*** - Page 4 Empty Re: Depth comparison between 14"GPZ coil and 19" GPZ coil. *** More Air tests Added***

Post  Ridge Runner Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:51 am

MBZed wrote:What spit petrol onto the fire?

NO, Find a Nugget.

Ridge Runner
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:00 am

Ridge Runner wrote:

NO, Find a Nugget.
You can but according to your own logic everyone will just think it's an advertising stunt attached to the next holiday/public holiday/long weekend/machine or coil release!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 am

Wombat wrote:
MBZed wrote:
Wombat wrote:the "Z' was only ever coming out with the one coil and that was the 14". It was only that everyone wanted a bigger coil that made Minelab start working on a 19" coil.
I don't think that's correct. It was always going to have more coils. This was from Minelab either just after or even might of been just prior to the GPZ7000 release:
Minelab wrote:
While the GPZ 7000 is supplied with the GPZ 14 Super-D coil, large and small accessory coils (purchased separately) will be available at a later date.

MbZed
OK mate I stand corrected. As I said I don't have a "Z''. And I didn't go right into it when they were releasing the machine because I knew I could not afford one anyway.
wombat Wink
All that gold around Maryborough you should have one on each arm lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ridge Runner Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:11 am

MBZed wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:

NO, Find a Nugget.
You can but according to your own logic everyone will just think it's an advertising stunt attached to the next holiday/public holiday/long weekend/machine or coil release!! Razz

Well it is an Advertising Stunt, And they have been doing it for the last 3 or 4 years that I know of, So much so that on certain forums it has become a standing Joke,

Many Respected people here have tried to Achieve ML's claims, and so far it appears that the Only depth increase that people have seen is when it Comes to Locating Ground Minerals,

Ridge Runner
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nugget Head Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:43 am

Wombat wrote:Hi Guys & Gals
As most of you know I don't own a "Z", just a 5000. But last week I was talking to the boys up at Coiltek in passing conversation about the new 19" coil and how it seem that some are having trouble with it and they were not getting the results that they expected from this coil. Now as I said I don't have a "Z" but they were telling me that the machine has to be reprogrammed to stop it from thinking it still had it's 14" coil on and to get it to except the 19" coil. Another word, raze it memory in thinking it still had the 14" coil on, and play around with it to except the 19" coil. And you have to do it again if you put back the 14" back on. But please don't ask me how to do that as I don't have a "Z". Try and ask the boys at Coiltek they may be able to help you. But this stands to reason. Remember the old GP battery's. if you didn't flatten them completely every so often the battery would start getting a memory and only half charge. Well this could be the same, the detector may think you only have the 14" on when really you have the 19" on. This may be another reason why the air test figure with the 14" & 19" are almost the same. The machine is still thinking that you have the 14" on when really you have the 19" on. It is not like the GPX machines, or older, were you can just change a coil over and then go of and start swing. And if needs be a just a few settings. Remember the "Z' has less programs to play with, as were the older machines have more. They have basically made the "Z' fool proof or more simple to use. This may be it's down fall in some ways. What I can remember, the "Z' was only ever coming out with the one coil and that was the 14". It was only that everyone wanted a bigger coil that made Minelab start working on a 19" coil. And they had problem right from the word "Go" with the design.
wombat Wink

never let the truth get in the way of a good story right? cyclops  Maybe you should have tried one before publishing Wombat. Too funny Very Happy
Nugget Head
Nugget Head
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:58 am

Hi Ridge runner

I am going to ask you to tone it back a bit..
 you are attacking minelab advertising.. if you have proof.. then Go for it! 

You dont own a gpz7000, yet your right in the mix..

It would be nice if the people that are having issues with this machine could chat amongst themselves for a bit
And get it all sorted..
Soooo John...
PLEASE TONE it down.

THANKYOU

Back to top Go down

Post  Ridge Runner Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hi Ridge runner

I am going to ask you to tone it back a bit..
 you are attacking minelab advertising.. if you have proof.. then Go for it! 

You dont own a gpz7000, yet your right in the mix..

It would be nice if the people that are having issues with this machine could chat amongst themselves for a bit
And get it all sorted..
Soooo John...
PLEASE TONE it down.

THANKYOU

Yep No Worries.

Ridge Runner
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Nugget Head wrote:
As most of you know I don't own a "Z", just a 5000. But last week I was talking to the boys up at Coiltek in passing conversation about the new 19" coil and how it seem that some are having trouble with it and they were not getting the results that they expected from this coil. Now as I said I don't have a "Z" but they were telling me that the machine has to be reprogrammed to stop it from thinking it still had it's 14" coil on and to get it to except the 19" coil. Another word, raze it memory in thinking it still had the 14" coil on, and play around with it to except the 19" coil. And you have to do it again if you put back the 14" back on. But please don't ask me how to do that as I don't have a "Z". Try and ask the boys at Coiltek they may be able to help you. But this stands to reason. Remember the old GP battery's. if you didn't flatten them completely every so often the battery would start getting a memory and only half charge. Well this could be the same, the detector may think you only have the 14" on when really you have the 19" on. This may be another reason why the air test figure with the 14" & 19" are almost the same. The machine is still thinking that you have the 14" on when really you have the 19" on. It is not like the GPX machines, or older, were you can just change a coil over and then go of and start swing. And if needs be a just a few settings. Remember the "Z' has less programs to play with, as were the older machines have more. They have basically made the "Z' fool proof or more simple to use. This may be it's down fall in some ways. What I can remember, the "Z' was only ever coming out with the one coil and that was the 14". It was only that everyone wanted a bigger coil that made Minelab start working on a 19" coil. And they had problem right from the word "Go" with the design.
wombat Wink

never let the truth get in the way of a good story right? cyclops  Maybe you should have tried one before publishing Wombat. Too funny Very Happy

Mate as I have already stated I don;t own a "Z" and only relaying what the Coiltek boys have told me. I'm just trying to help out, that's why I posted this message. That all. Oh by the way I have tried out the "Z'' for only a few hour. Couldn't get my head around it. I was not to concerned though as I was not buying one anyway.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:51 pm

MBZed wrote:
Wombat wrote:
MBZed wrote:
Minelab wrote:

MbZed
wombat Wink

Mate right now I'm thinking that all the gold around here has gone. A few of us have been out at least 4 times to different spots without a rattle in the jar. Places where we have found gold before.  T10  And we have had 5's 45's & 7's on the ground and "Nothing"  V41  The only detector that seems to be finding anything seems to be 2300's and that is "VERY" small gold.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Wombat wrote:
MBZed wrote:
Wombat wrote:
MBZed wrote:
Minelab wrote:

MbZed
wombat Wink

Mate right now I'm thinking that all the gold around here has gone. A few of us have been out at least 4 times to different spots without a rattle in the jar. Places where we have found gold before.  T10  And we have had 5's 45's & 7's on the ground and "Nothing"  V41  The only detector that seems to be finding anything seems to be 2300's and that is "VERY" small gold.
wombat Wink

I better scrub Maryborough of my research to detect areas then. lol. Funny as i spent a fair bit of time going over some geo maps and found a spot i thought might be worthy of some time on the ground. Talking to someone about the general area i planned to go they said I wouldn't bother as Wombat and a few of his mates gave that spot a good going over. So i never bothered. That's the trouble with research, it looks good on paper but you never know how many others have been there before. But having said that a mate and some of his other mates did ok in that area about 2 months ago. Biggest bit 6gms.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:49 pm

As most of you know I don't own a "Z", just a 5000. But last week I was talking to the boys up at Coiltek in passing conversation about the new 19" coil and how it seem that some are having trouble with it and they were not getting the results that they expected from this coil.

G'day Bill,

I'm not sure what they said to you, but the GPZ14" & 19" have a chip in them and I would think that when the coil 14"/19" is connected, then the GPZ would in fact see this and should by rights operate according to whichever coil is connected to it. Well that's how I would think it should be. I'm not an expert in these things, but it does make sense to me, anyone else agree with me here. scratch

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:52 pm

When the 7 came out you were able to record the coil used when logging a find in the GPS.
After the upgrade that option disappeared so originally ML were anticipating more coils.

Maybe they forgot to re install it for the 19?

Surely not......
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:12 pm

wombat Wink

I don't know how the 7000 knows which coil it has on, but I reckon that if the 14" has a chip to suit then it stands to reason that the 19" would also have a chip to suit.

And the software in the box should sort it out, if it doesn't then that is where a software update needs to happen. If what your saying wombat by talking to the boys at Coiltek, that you need to fiddle and jiggle "reprogramed" (how the hell do we do that) to get the 7000 to know which is which then there is a problem Huston.

cheers dave

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:43 pm

phoenix wrote:Thanks for that wombat
I`m going to give ML a call tomorrow to see what they say
Dave

For what it's worth, I called Minelab early last week to ask them if the machine needed to be reset (or ri there was a specific setting hidden somewhere in the software that had to be changed) when using the 19" coil.

The service guys were busy, and I was put through to a pleasant sounding lady who told me that whilst she was quite sure that there was no specific "Coil" setting to adjust, one would have to change other settings such as the volume setting... otherwise the sound will be "too strong".

But yeah, maybe call ML tomorrow.

Try to talk to a guy named Bruce.

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:02 pm

Guys,guy's, we've all said our bit by now regarding the 19 inch coils performance, possible performance, theoretical performance, constitutional performance & the performance of that given under holy oath. Could we please now get back on our perches & stop ruffling feathers. Accusations of this or that is getting us no where, except down each others throats. Lets try to give the GPZ & 19 inch coil a fair go over time, before we end up sending each other to Hades. Time through further testing & prospecting under real gold ground conditions, will reveal all. So before rejoicing in or condemning any further, lets give it a fair go hey?

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:30 pm

As most of you know I don't own a "Z", just a 5000. But last week I was talking to the boys up at Coiltek in passing conversation about the new 19" coil and how it seem that some are having trouble with it and they were not getting the results that they expected from this coil. Now as I said I don't have a "Z" but they were telling me that the machine has to be reprogrammed to stop it from thinking it still had it's 14" coil on and to get it to except the 19" coil. ------------ What I can remember, the "Z' was only ever coming out with the one coil and that was the 14". It was only that everyone wanted a bigger coil that made Minelab start working on a 19" coil. And they had problem right from the word "Go" with the design.
wombat Wink

I seem to remember that Minelab was stating that there would be a larger and a smaller coil available eventually.

I also seem to recognise that when a 14 coil is connected the system info screen tells you this, and when the 19 is plugged it tells you this also.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Alan WA wrote:When the 7 came out you were able to record the coil used when logging a find in the GPS.
After the upgrade that option disappeared so originally ML were anticipating more coils.

Maybe they forgot to re install it for the 19?

Surely not......

My detector is one of the first and the software tells me what coil is connected.
Go figure?
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Mine is one of the first too.
Where does it say which coil is connected?
I only saw it in the logging a find function in the GPS.

I use the GPS as a chain, not recording finds but I do go to the ,create find point, scene to see the time.
From there I went on to see what else was there. Recording the coil size was an option.
After the up grade the option to do that went.

Are you saying there is somewhere else telling you what coil you are using?
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:04 am

Alan WA wrote:Mine is one of the first too.
Where does it say which coil is connected?
I only saw it in the logging a find function in the GPS.
--------
Are you saying there is somewhere else telling you what coil you are using?

If you go to the last screen set of icons (Reset) and go to the very last icon at the bottom right side (Version Information) and select that.
You then see the control panel version, control box version, WM12 version and coil size. If the WM12 version doesn't show it's because it needs to be turned on.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:39 am

I hadn't seen that screen.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4