Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already

+2
Narrawa
Mattymatt
6 posters

Go down

GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Empty GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 am

Gday

Just finished having a browse on ebay.com and was amazed to see that someone has two gpx 5000's up for auction already, claims he is a dealer, he might be and trying to get advance orders, or a scammer trying to get in first who knows.

Anyway just a similar picture to what has been circulating and no hard facts about the machine.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Empty GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already

Post  Mattymatt Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:37 am

I couldn't find in my search, I see the 4500's are starting to flow in.

Mattymatt
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Empty Re: GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already

Post  Narrawa Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:49 am

Dont you feel sorry for those who just bought a 4500 recently?
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Empty Re: GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 am

Gday

Try (www.ebay.com) enter minelab

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:16 am

Narrawa wrote:Dont you feel sorry for those who just bought a 4500 recently?
LOL yer ....................hang on thats me GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_smile GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_lol .
Hmmmmmmm so Narrawa big choice for U, on one hand its WA (or is VIC )on the other its a new shiney toy, so when ya buying your new 5000 you know you will GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_farao GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_lol .
Yer plenty of 4500 on flea bay people should be able to get them for under $4G easy, and with these fake 4500 expect a few of them to be sneaked in as well. I will be keeping my "recent" brought 4500 because it will not cease working on the 1st of Sept and with this many 4500s flooding the market will be worth jack squat.
However when they settle down around the $3800-4100 mark and the new has proved itself (no recalls and the dealers drop prices to move them) l may invest in a new toy. But on the other hand theres always the 5500 and only a 3 year wait GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_lol GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_lol .
Regards
PS The 4800, that may prove a better machine for value and maybe performance but talking thru my hat here, just something to consider.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am

The 4800 appears to be a dumbed down 4500 so I'm not sure if the price will really plummet on the 4500. The improved Enhanced and the couple of other trinkets don't set my world on fire for the cost of upgrading, I already have an Xterra 70 and a couple of gold pans.

I for one will be curious to see how it all unfolds, maybe minelab might dish up a BIG surprise on release date to get us all really excited.

But as it stands, I don't think to many will rush out to trade sideways marginally backwards, and slightly upwards for the cost.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:21 am

freshwater wrote:
LOL yer ....................hang on thats me GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_smile GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_lol .
Hmmmmmmm so Narrawa big choice for U, on one hand its WA (or is VIC )on the other its a new shiney toy, so when ya buying your new 5000 you know you will GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_farao GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_lol .
Yer plenty of 4500 on flea bay people should be able to get them for under $4G easy, and with these fake 4500 expect a few of them to be sneaked in as well. I will be keeping my "recent" brought 4500 because it will not cease working on the 1st of Sept and with this many 4500s flooding the market will be worth jack squat.
However when they settle down around the $3800-4100 mark and the new has proved itself (no recalls and the dealers drop prices to move them) l may invest in a new toy. But on the other hand theres always the 5500 and only a 3 year wait GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_lol GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_lol .
Regards
PS The 4800, that may prove a better machine for value and maybe performance but talking thru my hat here, just something to consider.

yup me too...but I sure dont feel sorry for me! made a killing on my first one, got the new one cheap (though not as cheap as freshwater) and it's over half paid for itself already. If it sells it sells, if it doesnt who cares...I'll keep using it quite happily.

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Why??

The 4500 has been the best Minelab by a long shot and it won't stop working just because another model is set to take the crown. If I had to stick with a 4500 I wouldn't complain at all. Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Goodday All.
Why would anyone from this forum even consider buying detecting gear from ebay when we All have our favorite dealers ( Qld. Sandy )who you can go back to if there is a problem? we have to support the people in the trade & in return they will look after us.
Cheers Greg

Greg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:52 pm

freshwater wrote:
Regards

Freshwater, the lure of a new toy is always tempting, but like I did with the 4500, I'll wait.
WA via VIC than the new toy after some feedback.

Feeling sorry for those who bought a 4500 recently....as in a week or so before the news
. Yes your right Sandy they will still find gold with there newly purchased 4500, but you can understand how frustrated some must now feel.
It never crossed my mind to feel sorry for those who sold one and bought another one, they obviously knew what they were doing. Laughing

With the gold I have found with the 4500, I doubt I will be selling it when the decision to upgrade comes, a spare unit is always handy, and I'll sell gold to upgrade at that time like many others to pay for it.

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Empty Not really !!!

Post  whatsthetime Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Not if the guy sold his 4500 for 7K and bought a new 1 for 5.5K so he can go
for the next 2 years with the new battery without problems and wait for the 5500 !!!

I think that's pretty SMART !!!!!
whatsthetime
whatsthetime
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:54 pm

whatsthetime wrote:

for the next 2 years with the new battery without problems and wait for the 5500 !!!

Now yer thinkin' Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:16 pm

whatsthetime wrote:

WOW! am I getting an arse kicken or what??? Laughing

AGAIN, It never crossed my mind to feel sorry for those who sold one and bought another one, they obviously knew what they were doing.

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:35 am

I for one will be curious to see how it all unfolds, maybe minelab might dish up a BIG surprise on release date to get us all really excited.
Rusty thats proberly a very true statment.
LOL yerp Narrawa got to be careful with that salt some wounds never heal GPX 5000 advertised for sale on Ebay already Icon_wink .

Regards

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:41 am

Narrawa wrote:
Feeling sorry for those who bought a 4500 recently....as in a week or so before the news
. Yes your right Sandy they will still find gold with there newly purchased 4500, but you can understand how frustrated some must now feel.

True Narrawa. I suppose some would feel like that but the 4500 will still be an a$$kicker regardless. If there was a choice at the time then you'd have to think that the newie would win that decision. Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:53 am

Freshy, there was no malice intended in my original statement, no emoticon at the end, but malice was read into it.
If I had of put a Laughing or a Very Happy maybe a lol! possibly a Embarassed and to really shine one on I would av put a Razz , but there was none.

Sandy, 4500s will be a dime a dozen very soon, the choice will be for the new guy to own himself an arse kicker for very little money, a big win for many who were unable to in the past.

While some may weep, others will reap. Laughing

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:15 am

Gday

There are already heaps of 4500's on ebay so if you are in the market for one it should be easy to get a good deal, many are being sold with coils and accessories as well, take care though to buy wisely and make sure the seller can provide prooof of Australian purchase as there are still some bogies about the place.

I wouldnt rush into getting a new model just yet, as with every model thats hit the market there have been issues that needed to be sorted out, so I will wait awhile and see what goes on, anyway its nearly at the end of our season here in the West so its going to start getting hot here soon, so there wont be much going on until next winter.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Greg wrote:Goodday All.
Why would anyone from this forum even consider buying detecting gear from ebay when we All have our favorite dealers ( Qld. Sandy )who you can go back to if there is a problem? we have to support the people in the trade & in return they will look after us.
Cheers Greg
Because a smart and careful shopper can get a good bargain via the likes of Ebay. Not everyone can afford new. While idealy yes we'd all love to be supporting our favourite dealers (and we do) there's no harm in also supporting your fellow forum mates.

Selling privately or via Ebay is also a good option, unfortunately most dealers cant afford to carry a truckload of trade ins

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Gee News of the 5000 has caused a stir in the Ebay world. Just had a look at 4500 listed. There are 21 for sale, all listed from last week. I presume all wanting to sell to get the new 5000.

Some great buys for the 4500 will be had. Just amke sure they are the real thing, most seem to be. Just people wanting to upgrade.

Minelab are releasing news later today I have been told on their website. Acan

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down