Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qld EPM Tenements 2016

3 posters

Go down

Qld EPM Tenements 2016 Empty Qld EPM Tenements 2016

Post  Detrackozi Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:18 pm

Exploration Permit Minerals for Qld 2016

Google Earth Overlay

Link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WiYXamgm1DYm9tRS1YZmxxdE0/view?usp=sharing
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Qld EPM Tenements 2016 Empty Re: Qld EPM Tenements 2016

Post  pablop Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 am

Man they have the place wallpapered don't they.  

I note that every inch of a station of 100 sq miles, that I worked on up there last year is covered by one lease or another, but only one very small area was currently and regularly worked.  Lots of old open cut strips where reefs have been gouged out and several large dumps of old mining gear, but no work on them for years.

Do these mobs just keep them until they expire or are they required to work them at all??
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:54 am

Pablob

EPM are very very different to mining leases, EPM's cover large tracts of land & may never eventuate to a mining operation, they have no bearing on the activities of "Fossickers" something you need to be aware of as some land holders don't know this.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:12 pm

Yep I was aware that it was an Exploration permit, just surprised that they had such a wide scope and where in many cases there had clearly been extensive mining permits in the past that had already been well worked.  Left a hell of a mess in most cases, some where the water in the deep digging areas was unable to be used, but ok in a couple of others.

Current mining operation is almost surface strip mining along an old creek bed and the restoration work being done is great, too bad the prior ones didn't do the same.

Cattle operation only allows a few known people in to do detecting due to problems in the past with rogue detectorists.
But those with access are doing quite well.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:30 pm

I know what you mean with restoration work & from what I have seen at different locations, the EPM holders get away with no rectification at all, costeans cut running downslope on hills, large holes left open, it's joke compared to a detector hole unfilled & the amount of grief that gets!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:18 pm

A couple of sample photos from the time there last year, that may be of interest to someone.

Pan of the cleanup from about 100 metres of mining, by the current mining group.  It was bleeding heavy and he said it had about 8 to 9 ounces of gold in it.
Qld EPM Tenements 2016 Img_2010

The current mining process plant, supplemented with dozers, graders, loaders, etc.
Qld EPM Tenements 2016 Img_2013

One of the open cut holes.  Water is contaminated.
Qld EPM Tenements 2016 Img_2012

One of the dozens of bits of gear left behind.   Hopeless trying to detect in the area due to junk.  
Qld EPM Tenements 2016 2015-011

A large tracked bucket loader, plus crushers, a big truck, etc, etc.  
Qld EPM Tenements 2016 2015-013

One of my "big" finds 22 inches down, But I did find some yellow stuff a few kms away.
Qld EPM Tenements 2016 2015-012

I will likely go back there next year for a few weeks, but no time for travel this year.

Thanks for the overlays, they are great to have.  I hope that I haven't hijacked your thread with these photos from the area.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down