Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab Treasure talk GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update

3 posters

Go down

Minelab Treasure talk GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update  Empty Minelab Treasure talk GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update

Post  Ash100456 Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:20 am

Minelab Treasure talk GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update article by Phil Beck.
A bit of interesting reading on our detectors before and after the update for those interested

http://www.minelab.com/aus/treasure-talk/gpz-7000-ground-tracking-software-update

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Minelab Treasure talk GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update  Empty Re: Minelab Treasure talk GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update

Post  kon61 Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:37 am

Cheers for the reference article Ash.
Well after downloading the new program into the GPZ 7000 I have to admit that what Phil Beck talks about is quite accurate and rightly so. I'v found that after the initial ground balancing procedure using the ferrite,the detectors ground tracking system,not only stays more stable throughout my daily detecting session,but maintains better stability over a wide variety/type of ground through out,necessitating little,to none at all of reground balancing with the ferrite.
The detector has or can be used with a slightly higher gain,than what I had on it before,maintaining slightly better Threshold/Ground noise stability over the hotter sections/pockets of highly mineralized or variably changing ground.
To put a precise & overall percentage% improvement,over that of the first original software program used,I find a little difficult to do,without further locality testing over time,but one things for certain,the new software program update,has shown a significant overall improvement in the right direction.
Now,how are the new range of coils for the GPZ 7000,proceeding there Minelab? Laughing

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Minelab Treasure talk GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update  Empty Re: Minelab Treasure talk GPZ 7000 Ground Tracking Software Update

Post  Ash100456 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:03 am

G'day Kon61,
Good to see the theory behind it all plays out in practice, Out in the goldfield. Must admit when i first tried out the ferrite thingy early in the season ( was with Tibbo Dave & Ric at the time ) and i obviously didn't do the ferrite thingy procedure right as i didn't get any change to the detector at all on this extremely noisy ground we were trying to detect. It was about a month later i gave it another go and like magic it worked and settled the detector down considerably on this noisy ground i was detecting, This time i got it right, and it actually worked.  From then on i used it to good effect, Yes you had to keep on doing the Ferrite rebalance thingy when it got noisy again so i can now see the benefit of the Ferrite thingy and this update is only going to make it better. ( Have done it, just yet to go out and test it, Now a long way from the Goldfields )  
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 am

having read phil becks info at minelab, it should give any doubters more confidence in their machine, that in itself is a big plus thanks minelab ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Thanks for the link Ashley Very Happy
dave

Back to top Go down