Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+19
petesabout
Jay Gold
Hoffs Gold
joe82
Narrawa
Sharkbait
billbo82
hugh62
quadangle
piston broke
Digginerup
GemQ
BulletFinder
AnnieL
gim
mfdes
Detectist
Axtyr
rc62burke
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty "Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  rc62burke Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi All
I thought I would share with you a few photo's of a bit I picked up late last year at "Western Creek" NQ, this bit was coated in Ironstone & only had a small sliver of "Gold" showing on one side, so recently I put it into some "Hydrochloric Acid" to get rid of the Ironstone & I was amazed at what it turned into, there is no wear to this nugget at all it is 100% crystal structure "Absolutely" the best I have seen.

If you are interested in owning such a piece send me a PM I may be talked into letting it go, but guaranteed it wont go cheap.
"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DSCF3971_zpswfwzhrqp

"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DSCF3976_zpsuyrcgzet

"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DSCF3979_zpsptrnpmpw
"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DSCF3981_zpsdusdmccl
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: "Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Lovely!

Back to top Go down

"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: "Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Axtyr Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:00 am

Well done there. That is one beautiful piece of gold. It would be a shame to sell something like that but that's what we prospect for.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:12 am

Lovely alright.

Must get up there soon.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mfdes Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:51 am

That's beautiful Lee.
mfdes
mfdes
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-04-29

http://www.appleisleprospector.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:17 pm

Lee, given the fact its not the biggest roo in the paddock....id be more inclined to keep such a piece.....you may never find another like it.

In saying that...........can i have it.? Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  gim Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:34 pm

a stunning piece of gold,

gim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Q18 Very nice piece, Lee.
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  BulletFinder Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Very Happy Lovely piece!!! Very Happy

BulletFinder
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:38 pm

Lee,

Amazing piece mate, one for the trophy cabinet. Q38
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:12 pm

T06 Nice rock dodgy!...oh and by the way its crystalline  Rolling Eyes ...you illiterate bas%#$d, did you find that with a divining Rod? lol! I will see your crystal and raise you.......nevermind  Wink

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:18 pm

Digginerup wrote:T06 Nice rock dodgy!...oh and by the way its crystalline  Rolling Eyes ...you illiterate bas%#$d, did you find that with a divining Rod? lol! I will see your crystal and raise you.......nevermind  Wink

Wayne. cheers

You "Bloody Spelling" NAZI !!!!!! give an immigrant a break hey LOL lol! lol! lol! lol!
I did not even notice how I spelt it geek scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:51 pm

" I didn't even notice how i SPELT it"        SPELT --  Hardy strain of wheat

" I didn't even notice how i SPELLED it"    SPELLED --  Past tense of spell

Q25 Q25 Q25     Sorry Lee, i couldn't help myself  Embarassed   cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:59 pm

piston broke wrote:" I didn't even notice how i SPELT it"        SPELT --  Hardy strain of wheat

Glad I could be a (sauce) of amusement, lol! lol! scratch scratch scratch geek geek geek
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty "Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  quadangle Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:06 pm

I like it.
quadangle
quadangle
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:55 pm

Yeah Lee that's a bloody nice piece ,I'm with Narrawa on this one ,I think I'd keep it too !! Thou I can't help and wonder how much some one would be prepared to pay for such a piece  ??
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  billbo82 Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:03 am

very nice bit man, I think I got it's cousin the other day. a little pyramid about 4mm in diameter with the triangular pattern on the sides will try post a photo.
billbo82
billbo82
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

"Spectacular Crysatline Bit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty -spectacular-crysatline-bit

Post  Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:57 pm

T08 T08 amazing nugget you have their Lee Very Happy Big congrats mate, bet you did abit of a jig when it come out of the bath. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:34 am

Hi Burke It is a very nice piece and it would look good in anyones collection. But I have noticed no one has offered you a price as yet for this charming nugget, so I'll open up the bid and offer you $5.00 including postage Q41
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:19 am

Wombat wrote:Hi Burke It is a very nice piece and it would look good in anyones collection. But I have noticed no one has offered you a price as yet for this charming nugget, so I'll open up the bid and offer you $5.00 including postage Q41
wombat Wink

Hey Wombat
Just like I did I think you have made a blue with your typing !! you put the Decimal point in the wrong place Very Happy Wink
I would be happy to take $5.00 (From all forum members) the we could work out a roster to share this beauty!!!!Shocked
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:21 am

Hi All
Thanks for your comments & corrections lol! It truly is an amazing bit of "Gold" I most likely will not sell it but you never know when someone makes an offer I can't refuse.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:44 am

rc62burke wrote:
Wombat wrote:Hi Burke It is a very nice piece and it would look good in anyones collection. But I have noticed no one has offered you a price as yet for this charming nugget, so I'll open up the bid and offer you $5.00 including postage Q41
wombat Wink

Hey Wombat
Just like I did I think you have made a blue with your typing !! you put the Decimal point in the wrong place Very Happy Wink
I would be happy to take $5.00 (From all forum members) the we could work out a roster to share this beauty!!!!Shocked  

OK mate what about $5.00 plus postage. I'll agree with that. Twisted Evil
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 am

WOW! awesome piece Lee cheers

If a jeweller could get a bezel on that,it would look fantastic on a chain Very Happy
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Q15 Very nice piece!

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:42 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hi All
Thanks for your comments & corrections lol!  It truly is an amazing bit of "Gold" I most likely will not sell it but you never know when someone makes an offer I can't refuse.
Tip....
Go to a pub and flash it about....when fist approached with an offer of ?$...say no!..its not for sale. In his mind, everything has a price.....wait him out till he flops 1k on the table...when you accept, pick up the cash and leave. Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:20 am

very nice indeed mate!!! cleaned up wicked im not sure what wayne will raise ya but i have a roll of 8g wire ya might be interested in Shocked

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:40 am

I love it Lee, defiantly worth holding on to that one mate. Q15
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Lee I'd defiantly not sell that. That's one beautiful nugget.
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  petesabout Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:25 pm

piston broke wrote:" I didn't even notice how i SPELT it"        SPELT --  Hardy strain of wheat

As it happens, both are correct, But.......
Here in Australia or Britain, the term should actually be "Spelt".
"Spelled" is the American term,although the 2 have now mingled.
I don't mind as long as we don't start using American words like "Funnest" or "winningest", both i heard quite often in my time in the states. Shocked

petesabout
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldnQuartz Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:01 am

Is there still a photo to see?

Cheers, GNQ

GoldnQuartz
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-04-07

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next