Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold in Blue Mountans

3 posters

Go down

Gold in Blue Mountans Empty Gold in Blue Mountans

Post  alexei Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 pm

I am beginer in prospecting , i have all camping gear and woud like to try to look for a gold i oftern go to Blue mountans and lake lylle can any one share theyr experience in that area (wher to go and what to take?)

alexei
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Gold in Blue Mountans Empty Re: Gold in Blue Mountans

Post  nero_design Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Rumors of Gold in the Sydney Blue Mountains have never really been substantiated although the region nearer the Jenolan (sp) Caves may offer some very fine alluvial gold. You need to get out to any of the districts beyond Lithgow, past the base of the mountains near Victoria Pass, in order to find gold. The nearer you can get to Bathurst, the better your chances. I'd need to look at a map to see where Lake Lylle lies but a quick Google search suggests that it is in the Lithgow area. Lithgow is probably too close to the edge of the Coal seam to offer up gold and any gold that has been found there has been in isolated patches (and very small). Some suggest that any gold in Lithgow has made its way there via flood water and is rare.

But as soon as you leave Lithgow and travel towards Bathurst or towards Mudgee, it gets better. I generally consider the Lithgow township to be the edge of the goldfield in that area but in reality it starts a little nearer the mountains at a town called Hartley.

There was a pastor who claimed to find some small nuggets and alluvial gold in the 1830s near the Janolan (sp?) region. He was told to keep it to himself lest he trigger a gold rush.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Gold in Blue Mountans Empty Re: Gold in Blue Mountans

Post  alexei Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Thx ! now i just need to start gearing up with right eq..mnt , its hard to chouse the right one , there are a lot on a net , maybe is good idea for me to find a shop in sydney and go to have a chat with them

alexei
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Gold in Blue Mountans Empty Gold in blue mountains

Post  fastgold Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Alexai,thats a good idea as there are so many forgeries etc. The only other suggestion is get in touch with one of the clubs as they will probably also give you an insight into using if you tag along to a couple of excursions they have.

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down