Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another newish member

Go down

Another newish member Empty Another newish member

Post  rsj2020 Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi all, been in and out of gold stuff for over 20 years as my dad is pretty much a full time prospector and I was doing my best not to get the bug, I had in the past built many bits and pieces for my dad (sluices/trommels).
Recently had op on my elbow and had plenty of time to think, so decided to take a new direction into Detecting and after a bit of research got myself a GPX4000 that's about all I wanted to invest in at this time.
First time out was just a quick compare of mine and dads (both 4000) just checking out different coils and settings so next time out will be a bit of a mash up of his and my thoughts, if you have any tips on the 4000 please send them my way anyway let the reading and searching begin.
rsj2020
rsj2020
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

Another newish member Empty Re: Another newish member

Post  Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi rsj2020 and welcome to the forum.

4000 is a great machine and i still cold my personal record for most pieces in one day with gpx.

I am sure it will serve you nice.With lot of experience and wish to hit the goldfiles i am looking forward to some stories and gold nuggets.

Good luck and stay safe (and warm).

Dig all and have fun.

GoldEN

Last edited by golden on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

Back to top Go down

Another newish member Empty Re: Another newish member

Post  rsj2020 Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks, I keep telling myself I only want to find old coins and other great old stuff but the gold is in the back of my head.
rsj2020
rsj2020
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down