Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do I need??

4 posters

Go down

What do I need?? Empty What do I need??

Post  ctwilson Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm buying my husband a new Minelab GPX4500 and want to buy all accessories and tools that he will need. I'm thinking he'll need extra battery (what is usage time for a battery), carry bag, car charger, harness......any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

ctwilson
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

What do I need?? Empty Re: What do I need??

Post  vasilis Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:35 pm

A great gift it is. a spare battery is only useful if out for extended trips and they are not cheap. I am more concerned about the lead from machine to battery and headphones.
Both these items are prone to breakdown but the battery is at least enclosed in the carry pouch.
The easy swing arm is also a good thing but I made one at a cost of $5 (watch out with acc costs-they really bite the pocket)
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  salby Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:07 am

G,day ct.
Having just bought a 4500 brand new it came with harness, home charger, car charger,headphones and 11'dd coil.The other accessories i bought were a pick, and a pick holder which is leather and slides over the bottom belt on the harness. Also bought a hipstick which takes the weight of the detector off your shoulder and transfers it to your hip, no more aching shoulder.
The battery fully charged should give between 8 and 10 hours of detecting. The only other thing i would suggest is a mono coil, i have a 14x 9 nuggetfinder advantage mono on order, but there is a bit of a wait on delivery, been a month now.
Hope this help's.

Cheer's
Brian.

salby

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  musso Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Hipstick, hipstick and a hipstick he'll love ya for it What do I need?? Icon_biggrin
musso
musso
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ctwilson Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks for the info guys.... much appreciated.

ctwilson
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum