Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 posters

Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Empty xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2015 6:28 pm

cheers

Last edited by davsgold on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Empty Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2015 8:14 pm

Hey Dave I'll take a couple pics tomorrow of a gold target retrieval and positioning method I've used which I'll send to you. Umm one thing I always do is on using the scoop to recover piece I position myself near coil facing the zeds battery end. That's just because it helps the module not cut in and out where as having your back to the battery end the module loses its signal at times.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2015 8:33 pm

sunny

Last edited by davsgold on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Fri May 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi Dave, yes I have had some shocker digs where I have not centred accurately with the GPZ. And its a bugger when the target is deep and the ground is hard. Its not an issue being deadly accurate in pinpointing with shallow targets because I always dig a good amount out on my first go, but with deeper signal responses I am now circling the target and trying hard to centre the target. I am getting better at it but it is hard with such broad signal responses. Left to right is OK for me, its working out where the target is relative to the front and back of the coil that I am out on the most.

Once the target is on the heap it still needs good concentration to centre the target to minimise the number of scoops I need to retrieve the target.

Efficient and quick target retrieval is very high on my detecting priority list. Its the best way to cover more ground and find more gold....obviously.
cheers Tributer.
PS Maybe a little wet north of you over the next week.
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat May 23, 2015 9:56 am

Yep,I agree with you guys here.Pinpointing targets to a precise locality,can be a nightmare,especially on sub gram gold or a target at depth,using this  configuration of coil.
I find bringing the coil slowly towards the target,swinging from left to right,from a flat position on the ground,till the target response is heard at its greatest,then backing away and doing the same thing from a 90 degree angle from your last zoom in,basically gives you a good indication,of where the target is most likely to be found sitting.If the target is found to be at depth,a 180 or even 360 degree type zoom in,using the same above method (at 90/180/270 degree target zoom in etc) will basically put you right over the target.  I'v also found that on the majority of times,once the target is out and sitting somewhere within the top of your mullock,the target will be found sitting 1 to 2 inches back,from the tip of your coil target response.

Cheers guys Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 23, 2015 10:49 am

sunny

Last edited by davsgold on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Empty Re: Pinpointing with the 7000

Post  Wildrover Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:10 am

What I have found is when the nugget is out of the hole you get two responses where the parallel lines are on the front of the detector when swinging over the target. If you take note of each response is it will help pinpoint the target especially if you turn 90 degrees as others have suggested.
What you need is lots of practice because that means lots of nuggets
Cheers
Wildrover
Wildrover
Wildrover
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:15 pm

I put the ground type in Normal for recovering all small targets.
Its way more sensitive and they boom in normal even if they are tiny.

My Modus Operandi for target recovery.

-1 Find target! (this is the most important bit!!!lol! )
-2 After target is identified switch to Fixed ground balance, via my user button that is programmed to the GB menu.
-3 Also switch to normal ground type, unless the soil is extremely noisy. If soil is noisy switch to normal when target is in pile.
-4 Aggressively and quickly dig the target out.
-5 When target is out switch to normal if not already in normal, then turn coil 90deg to pile and use side edge to pinpoint, if target is to small slowly sweep coil parallel to the ground creeping forward until target is found, it will signal as soon as the front of the coil hits it.

Tip; the coil winding is closest to the bottom of the coil so wave small targets over the bottom of the coil.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum