Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having fun with the Z

2 posters

Go down

Having fun with the Z Empty Having fun with the Z

Post  Wildrover Mon May 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks for all the interesting articles re the GPZ 7000, it has definitely helped with improving my skills with this machine.
I am having a lot of fun with the Z and rarely go out without bringing home something.
I have pulled off one of my old patches over 150 nuggets mostly sub gram but one at 400mm was specimen weighing 14g with about 3 grams of gold in it, depths varied from 100mm to the 400mm.
In most situations I do a quick start and usually leave existing settings, which are smoothing off, sensitivity 12, threshold 25, difficult ground, volume limit 15 and predominantly operate in high yield.
There are times that after about 20 minutes I will perform another quick start but this is rare.
Biggest problem I had to start with was slowing right down and I mean slow and leaving the quick track button alone, but have my finger trained now to stay away from it.
Cheers
Wildrover

Wildrover
Wildrover
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-04-22

Back to top Go down

Having fun with the Z Empty Re: Having fun with the Z

Post  Tributer Tue May 12, 2015 5:31 am

Hello Wildrover, your experience with the machine mirrors mine. I too occasionally get a ratty first up start and do a retune. I use your settings a fair bit, but find I have the threshold on about 28-29 to smooth out the noise. Best of luck, I am considering heading to WA in a month to escape the snow and freezing temps of home in NSW tablelands
cheers Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Having fun with the Z Empty Having fun with the Z

Post  Wildrover Tue May 12, 2015 10:17 am

I will try the higher threshold and see if t improves things over here, still so much to learn but having a ball learning.
Wildrover
Wildrover
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-04-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum