Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened with the GPZ 7000 comparisons over Easter?

5 posters

Go down

What happened with the GPZ 7000 comparisons over Easter? Empty What happened with the GPZ 7000 comparisons over Easter?

Post  Canned Heat Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:24 pm

I read here some said they were going to do some comparisons at the Easter break with the 7000 and some other machines.
Any news on the outcomes?

Last edited by Canned Heat on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops, keep messing up the topic titles.)

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

What happened with the GPZ 7000 comparisons over Easter? Empty Re: What happened with the GPZ 7000 comparisons over Easter?

Post  kevlorraine2 Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:21 pm

i guess everybody is celebrating tonight and/or not finished digging those spots yet, so keeping quiet.

i noticed a big dropoff of people talking about their z and their new finds since easter. i hope its because they have got a touch of gold fever because of all their finds.

i was testing the z at a local known hot area in gympie today. i had found a .5 gram piece when the 4500 came out and it could handle that hot ground in enhance. didnt get any more gold, but more shot, bullets, dozerblade etc. the z handled this hot ground with ease.

i had an interesting time with threshold and sensetive. it seems they are very much linked. the higher the sens - the lower the thresh has to be to stay quieter than ratty. and with the thresh at 1, and send at 20, was as quiet as a mouse but gave a very good signal on found shot ???? with threth at 1 there was no buzz of course, but it had no effect on possibly missing a target. if that was not enough, i though i would put it into deep with both the above types of settings, again, no loss of ability to find very small grader blade chips and shot and presumabely it was punching deeper for the possible deep targets.

i have a lot to learn about this machine it would seem. i did note - the lower the threthold the sharper the signal (which i like) and combined with a high tone of 85, it gave me a sharp and sweet to my ears signal. unlike the broad deep sounds of the lower tone which i confuse with the ground noises.

also noted - ground noises - could be sometimes got rid of by sweeping the coil in auto gb mode over the possible target, and combined with the pumping action, i was able to identify more of the ground noises without digging. thats a plus.

plenty to sleep on, cheers ... kev Very Happy

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

What happened with the GPZ 7000 comparisons over Easter? Empty Re: What happened with the GPZ 7000 comparisons over Easter?

Post  Jack outwest Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Yea ' I've been waiting for those reports also !   scratch
Remember some blokes were going to get together over Easter with their 7000 / 5000 / 4500 to do some in-ground tests .

jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Jack outwest wrote:Yea ' I've been waiting for those reports also !   scratch
Remember some blokes were going to get together over Easter with their 7000 / 5000 / 4500 to do some in-ground tests .

jack .

Yep well those ones planed for around here never happened, we never even got out. Sad

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowfin Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm still waiting for the Zed's Easter Mega Nugget, Could the Zed be the First ML Flagship release not to produce one? V56

yellowfin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fatninja Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks for the report. I have not tried that yet (1 Threshold 20 Sensitivity) but JP sent me a message on Facebook with those settings.
Will give that a go on my next trip.

Cheers

Raizo, the FN.

fatninja
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-08-18

Back to top Go down