Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bungy adaption

+2
goldquest
G.B.
6 posters

Go down

Bungy adaption Empty Bungy adaption

Post  G.B. Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:47 pm

l noticed that the supplied bungy cord is too light and is causing the weight load to transfer to your arm. I am now using a yellow occy strap both hooks attached to hip stick and the looped end connected to bunqy hook on shaft. Result well balanced detector you can swing all day.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Bungy adaption Empty Re: Bungy adaption

Post  goldquest Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:53 pm

I placed the bungy hook near the the lower part of the middle shaft, and the bungy cord is attacked to the hip-stick, the matal detector is very well balanced and I can swing all day with no problems.

Bungy adaption Img_0912
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Bungy adaption Empty Reply with quote Re: Bungy adaption

Post  goldstrijk Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:57 pm

That's the way I've got mine and is very well balanced
Just one question, I seem to have to continually pressure the handle to the left, to stop the coil going out of level, does anyone else have that problem?

goldstrijk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:35 pm

Keep playing with the position of the bungee on the shaft.
Keeping in mind that both upper and lower locations reflect completely different characteristics.
My upper location [not hipstick] is about t!t level [oops, sorry] so my lower location can be lower on the shaft.
Using a hipstick makes it higher and outta tad so it all changes again.
Don't do it out in the field and waste valuable time. Set it up at home over a bottle of red or two.
Once you hit the 'sweet spot' you will know.
and that pressure just disappears.
There is no 'sweet spot' to document, we are all different height, weight, strength etc.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:55 pm

[quote="Redfin"]Keep playing with the position of the bungee on the shaft.
Keeping in mind that both upper and lower locations reflect completely different characteristics.
My upper location [not hipstick] is about t!t level [oops, sorry] so my lower location can be lower on the shaft.
Using a hipstick makes it higher and outta tad so it all changes again.
Don't do it out in the field and waste valuable time. Set it up at home over a bottle of red or two.
Once you hit the 'sweet spot' you will know.
and that pressure just disappears.
There is no 'sweet spot' to document, we are all different height, weight, strength etc.[/quote]

I agree on the bottle of red, two probably I don't even remember what I was doing.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:58 pm

[quote="goldstrijk"]That's the way I've got mine and is very well balanced
Just one question, I seem to have to continually pressure the handle to the left, to stop the coil going out of level, does anyone else have that problem?[/quote]

goldstrijk make sure that the hook is right in the centre of the shaft, I had this problem because the hook was on the left side of the shaft, now I adjusted it and don't have any problem.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:28 pm

goldstrijk wrote:That's the way I've got mine and is very well balanced
Just one question, I seem to have to continually pressure the handle to the left, to stop the coil going out of level, does anyone else have that problem?

G'day goldstrijk,

I have mine set up so that the Velcro strap with hook is at the top between the Handle and the clamp for the upper stem. What I do is get the length of the upper stem where it is comfortable for you then with the coil resting on the ground twist the handle to the right until it is firm then snap the clamp shut locking the stem in that position, this I found helps to keep the coil parallel to the ground and if it is tending to go slightly to the right with the bungee, I just place my thumb on the bottom left corner of the control panel and this seems to keep it level again.  Hope this helps you some, I will take a pic of my setup when I have better light and post it up for you to see what I have said.  

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Peteren Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Yes, agree on the ML bungee, they are always too soft. I have used an adjustable heavy duty occy strap since the 2200 and it works a treat.
The harness with the GPZ took some sorting over the last couple of days. Started with the hipstick in and quickly took that out and just fitted the spreader bar with the occy strap hooked in the centre. Load is on both shoulders and my pick hooked in the harness belt keeps the harness from pulling down at the front under the weight of the detector.
Peteren
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Sun May 03, 2015 9:05 am

Have found to have bungy hook right up against machine, this puts the pivot point right near your hand, and when you let go of machine the bungy holds it close coil down. Your not fighting the bungy in your swing then, and thus keep the coil on ground through out swing.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down