Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Smoothing Vs Smoothing.

+2
Redfin
G.B.
6 posters

Go down

No Smoothing Vs Smoothing. Empty No Smoothing Vs Smoothing.

Post  G.B. Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi all.

Have been running in No Smoothing with Sensitivity around 6 but having a mild problem with the detectors cross talking even from a fair distance apart re-tuning doesn't fix the probem, l generaly run HY/Diff while GH runs Gen/Diff, other Emi no issues. For those using Smoothing on a regular basis do you have cross talk issues.

Also has anyone done a test re: loss of depth from Smoothng Off to On
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

No Smoothing Vs Smoothing. Empty Re: No Smoothing Vs Smoothing.

Post  Redfin Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:07 pm

I run with Gen/Diff and smoothing off, sensativity 12 - 14, but only the one GPZ [for now].
Can get to within about 30 meters from the GPX before it starts to go off, but the CPZ was still stable.
Sorry, no time for tests.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  trashmagnet Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi G.B
we have not had any chatter between machines unless we walk really close to have a chat, maybe your machine and your friends are using the same frequency on your wireless modules.maybe if one you do a retune on your module connection you will get closer.
can't help with the smoothing as I have to use high smoothing where I detect due to it being a high emi area, but I'm keen to hear the answer to that aswell.
regards trashy

trashmagnet
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:33 pm

G'day G.B.

Found an area today were smoothing off could be achieved, noticed it runs chatty in shallower grounds, walk to deeper ground runs quieter so I've found,
But it also depends on mineral content of the ground, Seems to me with smoothing off reads more of the ground letting more info through, and changes the behaviour of the stabilizer, as for EMI issues with another GPZ can't comment on that in those settings without trying it.( will give it ago and let you know how we go).

Cheers Mick
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  tricky 1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:00 pm

we have been working in an area where it appears to be a decayed reef with very fine gold in specimens. the ground is very noisy so we either run in severe with no smoothing or high yield/ difficult with high smoothing. as to proximity we have had 3 of us working within about 10 mt of each other and auto tune solved the interference.
tricky 1
tricky 1
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  fisho101 Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Hey Tricky firstly wish I was there ! But I bet the three of you are on different settings to maximise potential gains off course . ( Every setting in every timing or you miss something ) A wise man once told me. Possibly this may affect the distance between operators . My own experience was differing distances on every day detecting , which isn't much help .
fisho101
fisho101
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  tricky 1 Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:50 am

Because we are still in learning mode the settings were changing regularly but each time an autotune seemed to work. the interesting part was around midday Pedo went back over the main area in severe with high smoothing and pinged another 5 small ones that must have been masked by the unstable threshold in high yield// difficult. I was not detecting as I was wired up with some medical testing equipment and my son inlaw was using my machine.
tricky 1
tricky 1
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:37 pm

Thanks for the comments and replies the issue of cross talk was resolved today and the cure was to back off the volume settings as they were too high.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:55 pm

G.B. wrote:Thanks for the comments and replies the issue of cross talk was resolved today and the cure was to back off the volume settings as they were too high.

G'day G.B.

What were the volumes set at before and after to cure the x talk problem?

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 pm

Volume 14 dropped to 8

Volume limit stayed at 12.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:18 pm

Ok thanks, I have both my volumes on 12, might try lowering the volume only a bit, I'm running a B&Z & speakers to control the volume also.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:35 pm

davsgold wrote:Ok thanks, I have both my volumes on 12, might try lowering the volume only a bit, I'm running a B&Z & speakers to control the volume also.

cheers dave

Don't forget to re-adjust your threshold level
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down