Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continuity testing the Makro RACER

2 posters

Go down

Continuity testing the Makro RACER Empty Continuity testing the Makro RACER

Post  Narrawa Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Testing the Makro RACER for continuity today using 4 brand new units.
All units were tested using same in house settings directly under a working fluorescent light. (my bad)
Being in house, the FP gain had to be lowered from factory 70 to 50 in order to obtain stability. Each unit was left in its FP noise cancel freq of 03. This was sufficient with little to no interference on all 4 units.

Like we have seen in other brands, the difference between same models can be quite staggering at times......im happy to report ALL 4 units performed identical from my observations. All functions and craftsmanship were precise.
All units were tested in all 4 working modes...All metal...Two Tone....Three tone....Beach.

The real test will be this weekend all going well, when i get time with it on the ground where it counts. However i did a few other tests with it against other brands, and what i witnessed was mind blowing. All i can say is....other manufacturers better pull their finger out.....this thing has some serious power for a VLF detector.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Continuity testing the Makro RACER Empty Re: Continuity testing the Makro RACER

Post  pinpointa Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi Owen,

What is the racer like in respect to our $1 and $2 coins. Can you get discrimination tight. What about aluminium screw caps with identical vdi is their any difference in toneal value for seperation.

Regards Pinpointa.
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Continuity testing the Makro RACER Empty Re: Continuity testing the Makro RACER

Post  Narrawa Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:20 pm

Using 3 tone on the Racer....air test.

Our 50c,20c,10c,5c = Medium tone.
$1 & $2 = Hi tone.
Screw caps = Hi tone.
Pull tabs and square tabs = Medium tone.

Rusty twist tops = Medium tone with a hint of low tone.(grunt)
Twist tops are food grade metals which the underneath side of a twist top is treated so as to not rust. This is the problem as most rust on the top-side, yet can be still in very good nick on the under or food side. Some are also protected by plastic covers prolonging the underside.

$1 & $2 coins = 82
S/CAP = 84
P/tab = 65
Rusted twist top = 48-54 very jumpy.

In or on ground test may reveal slight differences pending the level of mineralization.

Should have a better report Satdy arvo/night.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down