Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gathering of 7000s

4 posters

Go down

gathering of 7000s Empty gathering of 7000s

Post  freshwater Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:32 pm

As i look over posts/Vids on the 7000 settings and the feed back from people i know and my own, ive come to the conclusion that prehaps not all machines are the same.
Dave your settings of 12 sen and 12 Volume (even with audio in high) is just totally unachiviable with my 7000, ive also noticed some with settings of 4 -8 (sen) as well and listening to the machine is quite stable.
I ran mine at 10 sen and Vol 14 the first outing and it drove me nuts with interference, so the next outing it was set to 4 sen and 15 Vol and was reasonable (audio low, high is not a good idea imo).
I have found serveral pieces of gold (small) and a (kid U not) hand full of bird shot Evil or Very Mad .

So as im NSW ill put it out there that us NSW mob with 7000s meet up at Burrondong (spelling) dam for some comparing of 7000s as not many of us get together for large comparisions and the comparisions are always on differnent grd/ areas this may put to bed once and for all a broad test.
I do suspect i have an issuse with mine and actually feel its the coil not the dectector, either its super sensitive or it has issuse.
Easter is not far away so was looking at this time for the get together its up to U blokes if you want to attend so X up.
Id recommend the same for Vic members as well
Cheers
freshwater
freshwater
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

gathering of 7000s Empty Re: gathering of 7000s

Post  alchemist Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Freshwater reading your post reminded me of Roo's post over on Rob's forum. Seems he had an issue with his coil connector, maybe worth having a good look for bent or damaged pins if you've not done so already.

Cheers

Post here:
http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/11297-minelab-gpz-7000-youtube-video-great-depth-on-small-gold/#entry78685
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Hey freshwater, yep a bit of a get together during Easter sounds ok to me, be good to catch up with ya again anyway, and the Dam is a good as anywhere, after all it is a gold field and we've all got gold there before. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:26 pm

S.T would offer you a better indication of a more natural mineralization testing, The dam is mineralized due to over irrigation....man made.
The creek walls at S.T also offer a better test point just down from the big dam. Easily tapped for placing nuggets in for testing purposes. There is also ground there at the surfaced area that still plagues the GPX range, even with a DD coil. Deep red terracotta ground which is gold bearing. Best of all...its free camping. cheers
Anything round Easter and the dam will be packed by boaties and more man made interference.

Just saying.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Yep whichever, and like you say save $8.00 bucks and a lot of crowds at ST. Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:07 am

Either one is fine Narrawa, not fussed and yer proberly better grd for the comparisions . Some off us can prehaps do a day trip to the dam for old times sake, stand around all huddled up remembering times gone bye.
Ill bring up my hammer drill to drill(25mmx500mm bit) some holes in the side walls for targets.
Cheers
freshwater
freshwater
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:11 pm

All good...... if im able to make it...i'll be there.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  xray1982 Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:46 pm

I heard there is no gold at Burrendong or S T. Yep None left. Nothing to see there. Maybe you should all try at ophir, I heard there are piles of gold. #sarcasm
Narrawa spoke about a surfaced area near the dam. This area has been flogged by SDC's and has produced some small specs. Id seriously love to put the challenge out to you blokes to find some gold there. There is no junk left either, so it would be a no brainer. I want to see evidence if successful. Whilst you blokes are having fun there, I will be in Tibooburra. Good luck.
xray1982
xray1982
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:19 pm

Yes the surfaced area at S.T has been flogged since the days of B&W.
My last haul from there was two small runs with the 4500, im confident the SDC brigade have left me something. I'll flag these forgotten targets for the 7ks testings. Laughing

Im up for the challenge. cheers
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:10 am

alchemist wrote:Freshwater reading your post reminded me of Roo's post over on Rob's forum. Seems he had an issue with his coil connector, maybe worth having a good look for bent or damaged pins if you've not done so already.

Cheers

Post here:
http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/11297-minelab-gpz-7000-youtube-video-great-depth-on-small-gold/#entry78685

Hmmm thks thats something i havent tried and would make sense, ill give it a go
Cheers
freshwater
freshwater
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Hey freshwater is this still on over Easter, at ST

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  freshwater Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:02 pm

Sry Dave not on staying home to catch up with my son who's back from Canberra, were going out clubbing I get the mothers he gets the daughters Smile.
Cheers
John
freshwater
freshwater
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:30 pm

No worries mate, just wasn't sure if anything was happening.

By the sounds of things you will have plenty happening. Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum