Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it so quiet in here?

+3
goldquest
CostasDee
thegoldman24
7 posters

Go down

Why is it so quiet in here? Empty Why is it so quiet in here?

Post  thegoldman24 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:00 am

l can understand the frustration and disappointment many are facing atm.its still early days.lf some of the feedback we are reading is true where does one go from here regarding the 7000.Sell it while the market is hot, buy one in the hope the rumours aren't true or simply wait until theres more info to make an informed decision.lm sure these thoughts are going through many minds atm.Only time will tell.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Why is it so quiet in here? Empty Re: Why is it so quiet in here?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:08 am

Ive been reading some disturbing posts on other forums as well about the 7000 poor performance and I hope there not true. Id be pretty pissed to fork out that sort of money to find it doesn't live up to Minelabs claims, then again it wouldn't be the first company to exaggerate about its product.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:42 am

Remember some time ago when the GPZ was just a rumour. I asked ML what was in development and was told that a new Super Gold Detector was on the go but it was not designed to be competative with the GPX5000.........So why is everybody comparing it to The 5000??......Same as what they did to the Infinium.
Some testers have said that the detector is great and is better on the fine stuff than the 5000 and is nice over extreme ground. Other testers have indicated displeasure at the machine performance saying that it is noisy over hot ground and that the 2300 does a better job on the small stuff.
Then we are shown graphs depicting the GPZ7000 as being up to 40% deeper seeking than the 5000 and the 2300.....Then another graph pops up out of nowhere showing there to very little difference between it and the 5000 and the 2300.

Clearly there is some significant BS floating around re the ZED.
What we need to do is wait for the both Experienced and newbie, proud new owners of a ZED to start posting some performance results and findings after they have gained some experience with the detector and the available manually selectable settings.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:47 am

I think we are going to need a few months at least to see just how good the 7000 performs under different prevailing conditions.

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:30 pm

lt doesn't take a few months to see if a new release machine is more capable than older machines.Who was it that quoted this new machine will open up the gold fields again.Maybe on mars it would.l recall the first 10 minutes of using my new 4500 on a small patch l;d flogged with the 2100 and was astounded at all the nuggets missed by the 2100.My point is if this new toy cut the mustard we would all know by now.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Why is it so quiet in here? Empty -why-is-it-so-quiet-in-here

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi the Goldman24, you think it's quite here, nowhere near as quite as the members finds section, their is echoes off the walls. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:Hi the Goldman24, you think it's quite here, nowhere near as quite as the members finds section, their is echoes off the walls. Smile

That's cause I haven't seen a gold field for over 3 months BG2, but you wait until I manage to get out next, then you'll see...maybe next week V37
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:28 pm

I tossed around the notion of hiring a ZEd but that is not so easy because the detectors are supplied to the dealers from ML on consignment so it is not so easy to get one to bash about the bush with.

Back to top Go down

Why is it so quiet in here? Empty -why-is-it-so-quiet-in-here

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:06 pm

CostasDee wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:Hi the Goldman24, you think it's quite here, nowhere near as quite as the members finds section, their is echoes off the walls. Smile

That's cause I haven't seen a gold field for over 3 months BG2, but you wait until I manage to get out next, then you'll see...maybe next week V37
Good onya Con thats the spirit mate Very Happy yeah it would be over 3 months for me to Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:53 pm

thegoldman24 wrote:lt doesn't take a few months to see if a new release machine is more capable than older machines.Who was it that quoted this new machine will open up the gold fields again.Maybe on mars it would.l recall the first 10 minutes of using my new 4500 on a small patch l;d flogged with the 2100 and was astounded at all the nuggets missed by the 2100.My point is if this new toy cut the mustard we would all know by now.

I agree 100% with you, the 4500 and 5000 showed immediately that they were better than the previous metal detectors, all this silence makes you think. Question
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Yepl knew within the first minute of using my 4500 for the 1st time that l was using something very special.l cant see that happening with the 7000 unless something drastic changes.l know of at least 8 prospectors that wont be buying one anytime soon.l wonder if the manufacturer has a back up plan.?

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Why is it so quiet in here? Empty So quite on here

Post  Basada Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Well I don't think it will be for to long. The pro's are out with the new offering from Minelab and what I hear are doing well. Me included. All the hype is correct it punches deep much deeper than the 5000 or any other detector. Maybe its so quite because they are out there lining their pockets with gold. Laughing

Last edited by Basada on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Basada wrote:Well I don't think it will be for to long. The pro's are out with the new offering from Minelab and what I hear are doing well. Me included. All the hype is correct it punches deep much deeper than the 5000 or any other detector. Maybe its so quite because they are out there lining their pockets with gold. Laughing
Give it a rest an SD2200d outdoes any other Minelab Machine on Depth,how can you say this
Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:35 pm

You could be right Basada, if they let too much info out, that could mean less gold for them V11

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:44 am

Basada wrote:Well I don't think it will be for to long. The pro's are out with the new offering from Minelab and what I hear are doing well. Me included. All the hype is correct it punches deep much deeper than the 5000 or any other detector. Maybe its so quite because they are out there lining their pockets with gold. Laughing

This will be the first time that they are out there lining their pockets with gold with out showing pictures or showing off about it.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:39 am

goldquest wrote:

This will be the first time that they are out there lining their pockets with gold with out showing pictures or showing off about it.

Very true, this release is different.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:55 am

All will be revealed

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:17 am

goldquest wrote:

With a few exceptions, the pro's don't advertise their finds.
If I had to make a living finding gold, I'd be b#ggered if I'd let on about my finds

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:10 pm

So true Robert. Very Happy

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down