Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm So Very NEW!! Hi All

2 posters

Go down

I'm So Very NEW!! Hi All Empty I'm So Very NEW!! Hi All

Post  GoldenJeff Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:52 pm

New to the forum, and nw to Prospecting, well I did try many years ago with one of those $100 specials.
But now I'm retired and have the time to realy get into it with something that realy works... (still reading about which is the best to get)
Living in Ballarat, what else do you do. But there is so much to learn, thinking of doing one of those training days with a shop that sells the gear, anyone know if the time is worth it?
Why here if there is anyone else that would like to team up, all you need is the wish to be there. They say it is safe to go with someone. Drop a line

GoldenJeff
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

I'm So Very NEW!! Hi All Empty Re: I'm So Very NEW!! Hi All

Post  Digginerup Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi Jeff welcome to the forum, Very Happy  sounds like your in the right area, keep on reading and you will get many opinions and tips to hopefully help you select a machine for yourself, take your time and don't be rushed into a purchase, having said that.... good luck with that process Rolling Eyes  its a freaking minefield for someone trying to start in this hobby, don't be shy to ask a question if you will, its probably been asked before and archived but most here do not mind sharing information and will take the time to point you in the right direction if possible, by most accounts any one on one or group training is generally considered worthwhile, it can be a very steep learning curve for some, good luck.  

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

I'm So Very NEW!! Hi All Empty Re: I'm So Very NEW!! Hi All

Post  Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:44 am

Hi GoldenJeff and welcome to the site mate. We all started of were you are now, A Newbe, So the first thing you've got to do is that training day. This will cut at least 2 years of your learning curve. Then join a club or I can suggest the PMAV Ballarat Branch. These guys are great to learn from and they have a monthly meeting and go out at least once a month to differant areas. Info for the Ballarat Branch is :- President James Keays 0404474373 or the Secretary Lois Gray 0418502124. I hope this helps
wombat  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum