Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi to all from Russo in WA

2 posters

Go down

Hi to all from Russo in WA Empty Hi to all from Russo in WA

Post  russo Sat May 10, 2014 10:58 am

Hi all, recently retired and contemplating buying a 5000 detector to use when I travel north in my bus.
I've been following this forum for some time and have found it very interesting. One thing that worries me are the apparent complexities of the settings for the 5000. I'm thinking I should hire 1 and go on a tour to see if I can master it. Any ideas ?
Cheers

russo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Hi to all from Russo in WA Empty Re: Hi to all from Russo in WA

Post  Digginerup Sat May 10, 2014 11:26 am

Hi Russo, first lesson on 5000, don't expect to master it in a day, a week or even a month, you will need to read the manual many times and operate the machine in many different locations in different conditions to get a handle on its capabilities, having said that don't be afraid, they are not that hard to get started with, get going on factory Preset settings and tackle each challenge one at a time as they present themselves, don't believe the sales hype some will feed you, gold is not lying around in piles near conveniently located rest stops just waiting for you to scoop it up, you will require effort, persistence, patience and a good deal of luck to get your share...whatever that may be. Wink try before you buy is always a good option, a few days training with someone who knows the machine will be invaluable in shortening the learning curve, good luck out there.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 10, 2014 3:44 pm

T04  Welcome to the forum Russo. There are many knowledgable members here so don't be afraid to ask questions. Also use the search function on the top RH side of the page as there is plenty of good info on here for you to read. As Wayne said run the detector in the Factory Presets until you become familiar with it and then start tweaking with the settings. You will find gold in the Factory Presets, as these settings are the optimised settings that the manufacturer has set it to. Good luck with it all out there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi Russo
Welcome to the forum..

I figure if you are heading off in Your bus and you can afford the latest detector, go for it..
Run in Factory preset.. Until you master it..

And just have fun   V43 

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum